No announcement yet.

ZBrush 4R3 Vector Displacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't tested this yet, but can you see the map in the viewport on the model in Zbrush?.. If so,. you can paint it out in zbrush. Hit 'G' and use the clone brush. ctrl pick and area to the side of the seam,.. then paint it out?

Comment

Originally posted by BEIGE View Post
      so, those setting seem to work for me but ya, the UV seams are a problem, even with parallel UV edges. That sort of defeats their usability. Is there nothing that can be done about that?
      Yes, you can use PTex Seriously though, there is probably a way to improve the handling of UV seams a bit, and at some point I'll get back to that.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado, finally "Displacement Amount" mode was "eaten" the model in X & Z plane? It is a bug?. Or I did/understand something wrong?

Forgive I didn't realize about yours answers till now.

Its possible subscribe to the thread for mail notification?. I can't find the option..

Ok, Up Right near the thread tittle, Thread Tools > Subscribe.
        Last edited by Reaversword; 06-04-2013, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Hi Reaversword,

Would it be possible to provide more details about this issue, what do you mean with
          was "eaten" the model in X & Z plane?
          It will be helpful if you can supply an example scene about this issue.
          Thanks in advance.
          Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Tashko, it its supplied yet, you can find the link and all my "research" in my previous post (in the 3rd page of this thread, the big one). You'll find a mediafire link with a test scene.

Basically, what I mean its... (gonna be easy you see it by yourself with the test scene, but..) imagine a plane in maya (Y-up), the typical mushroom vector displacement test. When you increase the displacement (from 0 to 1), mushroom starts growing (up, in Y axis), but the plane itself, starts to dissapear in X and Z axis in the same proportion. So, if you set displacement to 0.5, mushroom will have the middle of its original height, but you only will see a quarter of the mushroom, because the plane where it is growing has been cutted half in X, half in Z (leaving just a quarter).

Please, read my previous post carefully. And one more thing, I'm sorry for late reply -again-, I've checked the mail of my profile disgruntled because I didn't receive any notification about posting in the thread, the mail was an old one. Next time it should works.

Comment

Finally did you check it?.

I've the feeling I realized too late when you reply to the post about a month ago...

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your details.
                We are investigating this issue now with our developers and as soon as we have any information will post it here.
                Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

did you guys have luck exporting vector from mudbox?
                  Dmitry Vinnik
                  Silhouette Images Inc.
                  ShowReel:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                  https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Originally posted by Morbid Angel View Post
                    did you guys have luck exporting vector from mudbox?
                    Yes, it works fine...

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                      Yes, it works fine...

Best regards,
                      Vlado
                      Vlado would you mind posting exact steps? I've tried all combos, I got object vector to work, but its not 100%. The rest create crazy spikes everywhere...
                      Dmitry Vinnik
                      Silhouette Images Inc.
                      ShowReel:
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                      https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

It is suppossed that from Mudbox there are no problem, since this thread:
                        http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...r+displacement

and its in documentation too:
                        http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/maya...splacement.htm

But I still wondering myself if I discovered a bug or not with my example for "not Absolute" Vector Displacement and this plane that dissapears at X and Z axis while grows in the Y one...

Comment

+1 for this, VD maps are the most accurate way to do this so obviously it's going to be of high interest. Glad you made some progress Vlado.

Comment

Dear guys, there is a project which need the vector displacement , I did a Zbrush dog testing, just as the setting of

"vd Tangent" enabled;
                            *) "vd SUV" enabled;
                            *) "vd 32-bit" enabled;
                            *) "vd SNormals" enabled (not sure if this is relevant);

*) Tangent FlipAndSwitch = 9
                            *) Tangent Eval Mode = 1

*) Save to OpenEXR file

*) Add V-Ray "Subdivision" and "Displacement control" attributes to the mesh shape;
                            *) Set the displacement type to "Vector displacement (absolute)";

most is beautiful , just still have the problem of UV seam, what i even try in Zbrush , just divide the dog in to 5 degree, did nothing ,than export the VD map, in maya ,still have the problem
                            of UVseams, for now my maya is 2014, vray is 3.0,Zbrush is 4R6, still no good solution about that ? Click image for larger version

Name:	VD_dog_all.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	855459Click image for larger version

Name:	VD_dog_down.jpg
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	855460Click image for larger version

Name:	VD_dog_head.jpg
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	855461

Comment

Of course there is a solution!.

Use Mudbox and Ptex, cause Pixologic says that Ptex is "unnecessary"... (should be, at least, inside of Zbrush).

And ok, I'll give you another way.

Try to use AUVtiles with AUVratio at 1 (In Tools>Uv Map).

This is not Ptex, but it is close to Ptex distribution. ...anyway, don't put too much hope in that.

Comment

Dear Reaversword ,

Many thanks for your answer ,this two days ,I tried the Zbrush AUV , than export VD map , go back to maya vray ,still have the problem and seams looks a lot .
                                then i export the highest level dog to the mudbox, rebuild the sudivision levels ,then use the Petx setup, extract texture map using the ptex way, export the lowest model, go back to maya , add the displacement node to the model ,just as usual, except the map using the vrayptex node not the file , but still have the problem of
                                seams ,and the effects looks not like the original sculpt one . Is there someting wrong for me ,need your help.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	VD_dog_AUV.jpg
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	855495Click image for larger version

Name:	VD_dog_Ptex.jpg
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	855496

I upload the Zbrush File and Mudbox File ,will you try it ,many thanks.

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1hqrJBE0 password:ivvw

Comment

Working...
                                X