Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loads of DR Problems

Hi,

recently I've been getting tons of DR related errors and other weird errors too.

We run Maya 2011 on a HP Workstation with an i7 and 12 gigs on win7
    Currently our Farm is 4 nodes with 24 cores and 12 gigs each running RedHat.

Normally I get alot of "bucket errors" where one node doesn't seem to get the textures eventhough the variable for the assets is set.
    Its not backtraceable to a certain node. It occurs at random buckets, on random nodes, and random renderings making it almost impossible to get closer to solving it.

Now my recent problems involve renderings stopping suddenly giving error messages like
    // Error: Exception [module=1] : Rendering region (1312,192)-(1344,224) // when rendering with on the HP workstation alone,

Rendering image...: 78.05% [ 0h 2m 27.9s] [ 0h 0m 41.6s est]/usr/autodesk/maya2011-x64/vray/bin/vray: line 3: 4371 Segmentation fault (core dumped) /usr/autodesk/maya2011-x64/vray/bin/vray.exe $* when rendering the same file on the farm via the command line using

vray -renderhost="kong-2;kong-3;kong-4" -distributed=1 -portNumber=20207 -display=0 -sceneFile="/render/scenes/gg_bs454_bo470_v02.vrscene"

Other problems I've been getting are nodes refusing connections when starting a render or loosing connection while rendering.
    Both errors occur while locally rendering out of Maya on HP Workstation with DR enabled.

With all these errors its very strange that they are sometimes reproducable and sometimes not. I can render a mesh for days, not touching it, adding lights and materials and all of a sudden the scene becomes unrenderable.

Yet an other problem I've been getting is related to vray subdivision attribute and a anisotropy rotation map. If the mesh with this material is close to the origin it will render correctly. if i move it away it will start screwing up the anisotropic reflections in spiderman-web looking subdivs.

I hope its not too messy putting this into one post. But I have the feeling atleast 70% of these are related.
    Last edited by Cruz; 01-03-2012, 06:44 AM.

First of all, please update to the latest stable_2.1 build from the nightly builds server. There were a couple of bitmap-related issues that were fixed, which had symptoms like what you describe. If you don't have access to the nightly builds server, please email us to vlado@chaosgroup.com. Note that you need the stable_2.1 builds, not the nightlies.

For the anisotropy, did you add a placement node to the anisotropy UV slot?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi vlado,

I only have a map in the rotationAnisotropy slot.
      Do I need this placement node?

I will try and update the farm as soon as we complete current renders

Comment

Originally posted by Cruz View Post
        I only have a map in the rotationAnisotropy slot.
        Do I need this placement node?
        It would be better if you use one.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

getting confused now, you dont mean the 2d uv proj node that is obviously attached to the rotationtex, right?

Comment

I mean the "Anisotropy UV coords" attribute needs to be connected to a placement node.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Working...
            X