Object properties bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Object properties bug

I think I have come across a bug using object properties in Maya (using version).
    I have an environment and a character. I wanted to separate these in two renderlayers. The character has one object properties node and the environment a second.
    In the properties for the character I am using the environment as a matte by setting the alpha to -1 and making sure the environment is casting GI and shadows but not receiving them.
    In the environment I have primary visibility set to off and unchecked the "surface option". The idea is to have the character cast GI and shadows but not be visible in the alpha as matte in the environment pass (this is because he has fur which intersects with some objects and to save render time).
    However when I do this I can see the IR map and brute force calculate(I can also see the objects in my scene getting rendered), and as soon as the image is nearly rendered, all I see is a black screen.

The strange thing is, that if I don't uncheck primary visibility and turn on the matte surface on the object properties node, it renders fine. Even though the the node is disabled on the layer.
    I'm not sure whats causing the bug, because in some of my previous scenes this seemed to work fine, but I have double checked by testing it several times with the above mentioned approach, and it is definitely whats causing it to bug.

Could you please send this scene to vraymaya@chaosgroup.com

Regards
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

I will make a light scene and mail you.

Comment

Working...
      X