Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baking to Vertex Colors failed on Centos and OSX

Hey guys,

i already emailed this issue to vlado, but i just wanted to make it official for all others devs to see.

The attached scene crashes instantly when u select the sphere and hit render (bake engine = vertex colors)
    bakeVertexColors.mb.zip

Vlado already tested on windows and there seems to be no problem.
    I have tested it on Centos6.2 and MacOS snow leopard and both os'es crash!

i have tested it up to build 19863 with no luck!

Can u please look into this since it is currently a little "showstopper" at our project.

thx in advance!
    Oliver
    OLIVER MARKOWSKI - Head of 3D at RISE | Visual Effects Studios

Yes, one of our developers has been looking into it - I will let you know when we have a solution. I can assure you that the right person has seen it

Best regards,
    Vlado
    Last edited by vlado; 13-03-2012, 09:26 AM.
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

you're the man vlado! thx a bunch!

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. The problem should be fixed in the next nightly.

Best regards,
        Vasil Velikov
        V-Ray for Maya developer

Comment

hi vasil,

thx for the fix! It was just a small showstopper over here and we could focus on other tasks in the meantime...so no worries man! will try it on wednesday as soon as i am back to the studio...

one small request for the fixed nighlies...could you please force the builds for maya_2012_linux and maya_2012_snowleopard....i need to keep the nightly versions in sync on both os'es and most of the recent nightlies are not built for snowleopard.

this is an also a "feature-request" that i would like to make...can u change the order of the nightly builds as follows:
          1.maya_2012_windows_x64
          2.maya_2012_linux_x64
          3.maya_2012_snowleopard_x64
          and after that going down the older maya versions

this would be really helpful for us! maybe other users would like that too...mostly the non-windows powerusers

cheers and thx again!
          Oliver

Comment

The Windows/Linux/Mac OS X builds run on different machines, so we can't do exactly that. However the Maya nightly builds for Windows/Linux will get their own machine (separate from V-Ray for 3ds Max/Softimage etc) so hopefully they will appear a lot faster.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

just as a follow up..i checked the nightlies and i didn't find a build for snowleopard after your post from March 16....i don't believe that this fix made it into the stable branch, did it? Because that would be the only nightly for snowLeopard after that very date.

Could you please enlighten me and if necessary build one of the current nightlies for snowleopard AND linux_64 please.....

thx in advance
              Oliver

Comment

There is a stable Snow Leopard build from March 20th and it should have the fixes. There are also stable builds for Windows and Linux for that date.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

hi vlado,

unfortunately it is like i have already guessed....baking to vertex colors is not present as an option in the renderGlobals in the STABLE 2.1 branch....it's only in the nightlies...which haven't been build for osx since a few weeks.

Would you please be so kind and build one for me pleeeaassseeeee (maya2012 - snow leopard )

thx in advance
                  Oliver

Comment

Working...
                  X