Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accessing vray server from a remote location.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing vray server from a remote location.

Hello,
    I have a license server of vray at my work computer and am trying to access it so I can use vray at home. I can log into my network at work from home and can even get a status update on the server via a web browser( local host:30304). I can't seem to set it up and work properly on my computer at home. Every time I go into the V-ray license server information, type in my info, it says that I cant save the information. I have administrator rights so it's not that.
    I'm trouble shooting with chaos group but wanted to know if anyone else had any luck with this problem. Thank you for your time.

Originally posted by Jimbo55 View Post
    I have administrator rights so it's not that.
    Yes it is Even though your user is marked as administrator, it never has full administrative rights. Right-click on the V-Ray license server tool and select Run As Administrator... and it should be fine.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thank you Vlado! I've been stuck on that problem for awhile. So I was able to save my correct license port information. Do I need to fill out the User name and Password for Online authorization? If so does that info relate to my user name and password for my network at work, or is this something that is Vray related? I get an error message when trying to render in Maya. "Could not obtain a license (0). //" Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo55 View Post
        I've been stuck on that problem for awhile. So I was able to save my correct license port information. Do I need to fill out the User name and Password for Online authorization?
        No, they don't matter in any way for the moment.

I get an error message when trying to render in Maya. "Could not obtain a license (0). //" Thanks again for your help.
        If you open the license server web page, do you see a connection being made from your machine? Do you have any firewalls along the way that may block the connection?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hey Vlado,
          My firewall was blocking Maya from external networks. Once I checked that exception Vray started working. Thank you SOOOO much for your help, I wouldn't have been able to get it to work if it weren't for your advise.

-Jim

Comment

Working...
          X