• Show
Clear All

• Shave crashes IPR (RT)

to replicate:
    1) create a poly sphere
    2) apply Shave hair
    3) render in IPR
    4) Maya crashes

This happens even if you hide the hair. In other words, if there is shave hair in a scene you cannot use IPR at all.

We are running vray 2.2 and Shave 6.0v53

Are there any known workarounds to this?

No, it won't work for the moment unfortunately. I don't know of a work-around other than not to use Shave, but we have this marked and we'll look into it. [Converting the Strands to curves might be an option.]

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi,

The next nightly build should not crash, when there is geometry produced by Shave or any other Maya plugin supporting V-Ray (Yeti, V-Ray Scatter).
      I've added a new option which disables the rendering of this kind of geometry. It is similar to the options for Fur/Proxy/Displacement/Subdivs.
      This option is disabled by default. If you enable the option V-Ray Standalone will crash, if you have shave in your scene.
      This last crash will be fixed after Joe applies our changes (currently 6.0v65 doesn't have them).
      With our changes to the vrayshave you'll be able to see the hair in RT and it'll be possible to tweak any material applied to the hair.

/Teodor
      V-Ray developer

Comment

Working...
      X