Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Proxy - any size limits ?

Hi,
    I bumped into a problem/question today - we have converted some crowd animation into VrayProxy and it works as expected in Maya (all is fine) but when we try to use the same proxy in Max it seems like no geometry in vrmesh file at all. The size of that vrmesh file is about 7.5GB. We use this workflow normaly but largest proxy we used this way was around 4GB so far. So I am wondering if there is any size limit which can prevent vrmesh working in Max ... (we use Maya 2012 and Max 2010 both X64 on Win7 environments)

Thanks in advance for any info

best
    Jan

No, there is no size limit. The proxy should work fine in 3ds Max. Is it possible that it is just scaled out of view (too large or too small)? Also, which V-Ray version are you using in Max and Maya respectively?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado,
      the Maya version is 2.20.01 and Max version is 2.10.01 (but we tried also the latest 2.20.03 and it has the same behavior). The scale thing came up to my mind also but it is correct - the strange thing is that as it is animated proxy there is no accessible the loop dialog in Max when we try to use this proxy. (see attached picture)

Click image for larger version

Name:	vrproxy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	845200

Comment

Well if you wish I can get you our ftp info to upload the proxy so that I can take a look at what's going on; I can't say much more without looking at the file.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Vlado - the problem was found. The vrmesh file was not copied fully on the network (just bytes difference) after it was created. After the coppying again it works as it should. Thx anyway for help.

best

Jan

Comment

Very well then

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Working...
            X