Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need option to turn off bucket scaling (latest nightlies)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need option to turn off bucket scaling (latest nightlies)

Hi

Can we have the option to turn off this feature?

thanks for reading

EDIT :

the reason i put this in "problems" is that its slowing down our renderings and requires more changing of the bucket size now, then the way it was before the auto-scaling feature.
    Last edited by dougWilkinson; 14-04-2012, 04:21 PM.
    --=============--
    -DW
    -buck.co
    --=============--

Eh, it's not easy, is it...

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Haha, I felt really bad too when I realized I needed a way to turn it off. In theory it's excellent, but the problem you run into is on print images that are 8000 x 8000 I still never really end up going with buckets bigger than 64 x 64, so when doing 10% res test regions, the buckets end up dropping to 1 x 1 sometimes.

Can we have the option to set a minimum bucket size perhaps in addition to a flag to disable the feature? That way we still get the scaling effect which is pretty nice, but can control it so that it never gets too inefficient or tiny.

Comment

Same here. Nice feature when you work in similar resolutions for prev and final, but when the jumps are too big it's a little bit annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by kweechy View Post
          In theory it's excellent, but the problem you run into is on print images that are 8000 x 8000 I still never really end up going with buckets bigger than 64 x 64, so when doing 10% res test regions, the buckets end up dropping to 1 x 1 sometimes.
          I will fix them to 16x16 min for the next night build tomorrow (revision 20573 and later).

Best regards,
          Vlado
          Last edited by vlado; 16-04-2012, 10:09 AM.
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

This new option is now added in 20610 (under Settings->Autoscale regions).

Best,
            Emil
            V-Ray for Maya developer

Comment

Working...
            X