Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding computers to Distributed Rendering.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding computers to Distributed Rendering.

Can I add computers where the V-ray render slave were turned off to a batch render after it has already begun?

I always have all my network computers added in the render settings Distributed Rendering list when I start a batch render. If some of them have their V-Ray render slaves off and the render is in progress, I noticed that they do not join the rendering process when I turn their slaves on.

What is the subnet mask for your local network? When a server is started, it broadcasts a message in the local network, but if you have some custom settings this might not work.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

We set static IP's on all our machines and our subnet mask is 255.255.255.0

Comment

Hello,
        When you start V-ray render slave, the computer will be added automatically to the batch render, but you have to add it into the "Distributed Rendering" with "Enable" option before the batch to be started.
        Could you specify the exact V-Ray version you are using?
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I have somewhat localized the problem...

Only our 2 new RenderBoxx computers don't join distributed rendering once it's already in progress.
          All our computers are added in the V-Ray render settings.
          All computers are added to the network the same way, on the same switch.
          Every computer has windows 7, V-ray for Maya 2.20.01 x64 render slaves installed.
          V-ray render slaves is launched at startup and not run as a service on all the computers.

The difference is that we start the renderBoxx computers after the render is in progress.
          Do they need to be on when the render is launched?
          Is it because they are off and their IP's (don't exist), V-Ray won't look for them even after we turn them on?

Comment

Hi,
            Can you specify the exact number of slaves you are using to render?
            Could you make a test render with these two render nodes only. Start a simple scene batch render and turn ON the your RenderBoxx with "V-Ray Render Slave". If the slaves doesn't start rendering after 2-3 frames, please post your "vray4maya_log" files from the host and slaves.
            Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
            X