Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prepass/Animation with particle instances

Hi!

I've got a problem that I've already reported to the support, but maybe someone here knows a solution.

I have a scene with particles and instances connected to the particles with the instancer, nothing fancy. I'm using IRMap and Lightcache. When I render a single frame wit GI everything looks like it should. When I switch to the prepass mode the IRmap gets screwed up. It looks a little bit, like the IRMap doesn't recognize the instances at all. You can see the differences, if you enable 'don't render final image' in single frame mode.

I've attached a simple scene where you can check the problem.

A solution that came to our mind is, that we just render in single frame mode and use the IRMap files generated in the animation mode afterwards. But for some reason this isn't possible and we get an error saying, that the IRMap is not usable for this mode.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Expected final rendering:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	expected_result.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	876384

IRMap in prepass mode:

Name:	prepass_mode.JPG
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	876385

IRMap in single frame mode:

Name:	single_frame_mode.JPG
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	876386

Sample Scene file:
    instancer_irmap_tests_v01.zip

EDIT: The Devs have logged this as a bug and are working on it.
    Last edited by pechart; 13-06-2012, 06:41 AM.

I dont recall now the exact name but there is a script out there to bake instancer into geometry or instances, you could use that one for now, if your scene is not too complicated.
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Yes, there are several tools for that. The tkParticleUninstancer script, the nimble tools plugin and also some custom scripts. Right now I'm using the nimble plugin, which is much faster than the script. But for this to work I have to export/import the whole setup every time. For a workaround this is okay, but of course it would be much nicer, if I could render directly. Anyway, thanks for you reply!

Comment

Working...
      X