Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maya 2013 - MacOS - install to arbitrary location issue

Hey Guys,

it took me half a day now to figure out where the problem is and i think i've got it now.

When installing vray (official 2013 build) into our server-repository it seems that the folder named "MacOS" is not extracted for unknown reasons. I needed to install again to the common /Applications/...blabla.../maya2013 location and after that copy the libvray.dylib from the MacOS folder to our server. This was not the case with previous installs e.g. 2012.

Can anyone confirm that this is a bug?

cheerio
    Oliver
    ...back from the dead after a 3 months hardcore project
    OLIVER MARKOWSKI - Head of 3D at RISE | Visual Effects Studios

This is not a bug. We had to change the installation a bit because of some changes in Maya 2013 (it won't load a plugin installed inside the Maya.app folder). As you can notice, in older versions we wanted the user to enter the path to the /Applications/Autodesk/maya2012/Maya.app/Contents folder. However for Maya 2013 we just need the path to /Applications/Autodesk/maya2013 and we install relative to that. So any files that previously went to just a "MacOS" folder, will now go to "Maya.app/Contents/MacOS" instead. This will be true for all Maya versions for the next service pack.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
    X