Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving maps to another drive?

Hi folks.
    Something is breaking and I cant find out what it is.

THE PROCEDURE:
    1. I rendered out light maps for a character animation scene locally, due to the rendernodes being full.(All scene files and assets are on the server)

2. I started to render and got to frame 10 with predicable results.

3. I closed the rendering down to switch over to the rendernodes now that they became available.

4. I copied the maps to the server so they can be picked up by the rendermanager for rendering out via the rendernodes.

5. Changed the path to the new location on server for the light maps location, hit render.

The result is not what it should be.

In the top image is the result of rendering out on the local machine, all assets referenced from the server.
    The bottom image is the result from the rendernodes.

It seems to me that something stored in memory locally is being lost when changing over to server. I opened maya locally again to read maps from the local drive and I now get the bottom result when rendering when it was fine before !! why?

The only option I have now is to render out the maps again.
    Can anyone work out what the issue is?
    Attached Files

Strange... judginh by the boy on the right it feels like normals got flip or so... maybe thats it ?
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Hi Dadal.
      No all normals are correct, they all share the same texture file for the jumper (named differently) and that is coming out different shades of blue. The 4th character looks almost fine apart from her eye. It's defo a map issue but the strange thing for me to understand is why it would no longer render fine locally as it did before with no changes what so ever to the scene file apart from the path change to where the maps are located.

Comment

Aww I'm retard, I mean 5th carracter... Anyway try exporting ur scene to MA file and then importing to new fresh maya scene... see if it still has bug - maybe its just maya.
        CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Working...
        X