Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primary visibility/disble function on object properties not working

Running Maya 2012, Vray 2.20.

I have a scene with two characters and a plane which has a material wrapper assigned, so that it only receives shadows.
    Each character has an object property node assigned with primary visibility turned off. I have two render layers with both characters that are both identical, except that on render layer 1, character A has an override on "disable" turned on, and vice versa on layer 2 for character B.

Basically I want to have two renders, where each character is split up, but receives shadows etc from the other.

I can't seem to get this to work. It looks like the "disable" button doesn't work, because if I enable it and turn primary visibility back on, and then disable it, it works fine.

I also have a shadow layer where only the groundplane should be visible and receive shadows from the characters, but they should not be visible in the render.

Edit: Just did a quick test where I selected all objects on a character and created an override for "primary visibility" in the spreadsheet and this works.
    Last edited by KyronVFX; 05-07-2012, 04:41 AM.

There is some oddness with the "Disable" button; I think we fixed it recently, but as you found out, it might be better to use the primary visibility itself.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yeah, I actually found an older thread which resembled mine, but you wrote that it had been fixed in the nightlies (which was an older version of 2.20), so I just wanted to make sure that I didn't miss anything.
      I hope this will get fixed because the alternative with the spreadsheet is a lot more wonky to use and its easy to lose track of an object override here or there, as opposed to using vray object properties.

Anyway cheers for the fast reply as always

Comment

Maybe it works if you don't override the "Disable" switch but just the "Primary visibility" one instead? Hopefully this works, because I really like to keep the scene organized with OP nodes.

Comment

Working...
        X