Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -percentRes Render Flag...

Hi there,

i really miss a Render Flag to testrender an bunch of scenes at only a certain percentage of the intended render resolution.
    Let's say i have a couple of scenes i want to preview via Batchrender at 5%. In MentalRay this would be accomplished with the -percentRes flag. Is there any way to do this in VRay? Just decreasing the resolution won't do the trick because often you want to render only a region which unfortunately needs to be defined in pixel values.

Wouldn't it be better to measure render regions in resolution independend values, let's say from 0 to 1, left to right/top to bottom?

best regards,
    Rasmus

Thanks for the pointer; will add this as a feature request. However I'm not sure what you mean by
    Wouldn't it be better to measure render regions in resolution independend values, let's say from 0 to 1, left to right/top to bottom?
    Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado,

I would recommend to define render regions in percent rather than absolute pixel values. By 0 to 1 I basically meant to work with values between 0% to 100% for the left/right/bottom/top margins. Expressing the render region in % would make it possible to keep a region no matter how the render resolution is changed.

e.g. a simple example would be a region of 0,23 / 0,77 / 0.2 / 1 (left, right, bottom, top)

All values are directly related to the image width and height, so the region stays the same, no matter if it is a 800x600 or 8000 x 6000
      This way it would also be easy to render a 5% preview without having to calculate new render region borders.

Comment

Ah, I see. Well it's too late to change that now, but I guess V-Ray will scale the region internally anyways.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I'm looking forward to that =)

thx in advance!
          -Rasmus

Comment

Working...
          X