Assigning fluidShape to particles....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assigning fluidShape to particles....

Not sure if I'm being really simple but I can't seem to get nParticles to render with a fluid shape attached. Is this supported in v-ray?

I'm trying to do some contrails for a few planes and took the 'jetTrail' nParticle from the visor as a starting point. I can create a fluid shape, make it a nice spherical volume and render it fine. just can't assign it to anything.

Cheers
    Martin

Originally posted by MartinB View Post
    Not sure if I'm being really simple but I can't seem to get nParticles to render with a fluid shape attached. Is this supported in v-ray?
    No, I don't think it's supported yet. It's on the "to do" list, but it looks like it's complicated to do it. Do you have a scene for this that we can use for testing?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I was testing the same today. Could we move this to the wishlist?

For my last project I´ve rendered a lot of fluid clouds with phoenix and the possibility to distrubute the containers with particles systems would be great.
      For now I just positioned them bei hand, which is very time consuming if you have o do a whole sky

thanks in advance!

Paul
      VFX Supervisor @ www.parasol-island.com personal website www.dryzen.com latest reel http://vimeo.com/23603917

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        No, I don't think it's supported yet. It's on the "to do" list, but it looks like it's complicated to do it. Do you have a scene for this that we can use for testing?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        The jetTrails.ma example in the nParticles tab of the visor would be a pretty good starter. If the connections from the particleSampler are a problem just assign a new default fuildShape to the particles.

Cheers

Comment

Actually Vlado, while were on the subject, we've got a show coming up thats going to have lots of dust and smoke, whats the best way of doing this with vray if the above isn't an option?

At the moment i'm looking at using mental ray for all of these effects but then have to worry about comps/displacements matching as the rest of the show will be vray....

Comment

Originally posted by MartinB View Post
            Actually Vlado, while were on the subject, we've got a show coming up thats going to have lots of dust and smoke, whats the best way of doing this with vray if the above isn't an option?
            I did not say it's not an option; I just said it's somewhat complicated. And I'll ask you again for a scene, however simple

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
            X