Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Log output - OS X Mountain Lion

Hi,

I'm running Maya 2012 with VRay 2 (latest) on OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2.

I can properly see the VRay render output log when launching Maya from the Terminal, but the progress output is nowhere to be found when launching Maya from the app icon.

I know the Command Window is where the output goes from VRay under Win, but I have no idea how to reach this on OS X. I have managed to get it open when launching Maya with the wrong LANG set in the Terminal, but then that is the only thing you get (plus erased preferences as a bonus!), but that is a totally different matter and has nothing with VRay to do.

Anyway, may question is if you know how to either get the output from VRay redirected to the Script Editor (prefered solution), or how to show the Command Window, or how to get the output to another place (Console app, log file etc...)?

Thanks,
    Max

V-Ray writes a log file called vray4maya_log.txt somewhere in the user temporary folder; I'm not on a Mac right now to check, but you should be able to find it if you look for it.

Other than that, I don't know of any way to get the output window except when launching Maya from a Terminal - both on Mac OS X and on Linux.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for the info! When thinking of it I have been to that file before.

Comment

Working...
      X