X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texture baking normal map

Heya

I have a little issue.

I set up my baking engine to bake normal map of the object in high polygons. I'm not projecting high on low poly, just rendering the high poly normal map using bake engine and render element - normal map.

It come out blue with no details. Am I doing something wrong/bug/I'm nub?
    The Light shader with dirt texture in it produced not too bad AO so that works for me but I cant get Normal pass...

Thanks, bye.
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

I'm not sure what you expect to see. The details from bump maps? Or from displacement?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Humh, the normal map of object using bake to texture... for example in Mental ray to do it I would assign surface shader to object add Ambient oclusion node, set it up to be mode 3 / normal map/ and then bake color to texture. This way I get normal map of the object but flatten to UVS.

I do the same thing in Vray with light and dirt map - dirt map cant do normal pass so I thought I could do it using Render elements but nope... any suggestions?
      Last edited by Dariusz Makowski (Dadal); 26-11-2012, 10:22 AM.
      CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

I think that's something completely different. From what I remember, the ambient occlusion node in mental ray computes bent normals, which are totally different from normal maps. You can compute them with VRayDirt, but the setup is somewhat more complicated.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Hi,Vlado.

Although I asked on the following thread,
          http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...363-bentNormal

Could you please the way to build "bentNormal" pass with VrayDirt in maya?

I can do it with vray for 3dsmax. But I cannot do in maya with Vray,Even though I did the same way from 3dsmax.

Thanks.
          masahiro.teraoka

Comment

It is on the "to do" list to implement this; but I don't see why you can't do this in Maya? You can use the V-Ray Material Override attributes to override the environment map and you can put samplerInfo texture there.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Working...
            X