Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRAY RT segmentation fault

Hi

I can't seem to get any results from vray RT. First it says 'Scene is empty' then i get line 3: 320 segmentation fault in the terminal. This is starting to happen quite a bit. Seems to happen more as the scene sizes get bigger.

It's been working fine, ive been using DR but i really need RT for this scene...so i've turned off dr and it still doesn't work, and has the same error message

Im using Maya 2012 osx Build 22390 from Sep 26 2012, 15:56:50

any ideas for a quick fix or workaround when RT goes wonky?

thanks

Can you post the log and/or the the backtraces/crash dumps?

If it is scene dependent, sending the scene might help.
    Also, what mode are you using: cpu or gpu?
    V-Ray developer

Comment

I'm using cpu. I removed all the textures and hid the geo one by one and i've narrowed it down to one piece of complex geometry- a dress. However I've used the dress before and had no problems with rt. Whats the preferred workaround with a piece of geometry like this? It renders fine in vray just causes vray rt to freeze

Comment

OK,
        Having a reproduction test case makes things easier.
        Can you send the scene to vraymaya@chaosgroup.com, so we can take a look at it to see what is going wrong with it?
        If the scene is bigger that what is appropriate to send via e-mail, you can send e-mail to ask about how you can access
        our ftp server to upload it there.
        V-Ray developer

Comment

Ok ... on further inspection it was a pair of shoes. I've stripped down the scene and you can see RT doesn't work if the shoes are visible in the scene.

Comment

Working...
          X