Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Object Properties Alpha problem

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the Single Object Properties (SOP) in vray. I separated my scene into a FG SOP for the character and a BG SOP for the environment. I then render both SOP's in two layers, an FG layer with the FG SOP settings unchanged and the BG SOP with these setting:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Autodesk Maya 2013 x64 E_WERK_Afgeronde_Projecten2013Slab_Metal3dscenes_2014-01-18_00-22-21.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	879399

And the BG layer with the BG SOP unchanged, and the FG SOP with the following settings:

Name:	Autodesk Maya 2013 x64 E_WERK_Afgeronde_Projecten2013Slab_Metal3dscenes_2014-01-18_00-22-10.jpg
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	879400

I thought that thse two layers could be merged togheter in Nuke without a problem, but I keep getting some alpha problmes. Can anyone help me with this?
    I changed the viewer gamma in Nuke to enhance the effects for better viewing.

Name:	Untitled [modified] - NukeX_2014-01-18_00-13-31.jpg
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	879401

Name:	_2014-01-18_00-13-42.jpg
Size:	430.1 KB
ID:	879402

Cheers,
    Ivor

U need EXR unpremultipled alpha - then premultiply it back in nuke.

Except for the alpha outline I dont see issue in ur comp
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Hi DADAL,

Thanks for your reply, how do I set vray up to render unpremulted alpha's? And is there a situation where you wouldnt want a unpremulted alpha, since you can alway premult in comp.

Cheers

Comment

No, you do not need to cutout the background by your character. Only one of them needs to be held out, and its your character. So for the background render, in your character obj properties node instead of using alpha -1 matte obj, turn those off, and uncheck primary visibility. Thats all.
        Dmitry Vinnik
        Silhouette Images Inc.
        ShowReel:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
        https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Thanks morbid angel!

Comment

Working...
          X