Fog emission multiplier bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog emission multiplier bug?

I've noticed that some of the parameters in the Vray environment fog node have a min max default value.

I have been able to override these values by using a setRange node. I had to set the .density attribute below zero to create the transparency I was going for.

Also since I want to make the surface glow more I would need more than a value of 1 in the emission multiplier.

But Also, when I try to use a tight black and white ramp to define the glow value so it should only glow on half it begins to render correctly in the GI LC preview but in the final render the whole block is glowing evenly.

Maybe its because of the GI bleed values.

But also, notice the transparency in the fog. I had to use a set range node into negative values to get the fog to break up like I wanted.

Scene file included
    Attached Files
    ------
    KC

Also, I am not sure the ramp color shader is being respected by the Fog Environment node. I did a few different UV projections and they all turn out red but the duplicated cube does show the ramp working as desired on a basic Vray material.
    ------
    KC

Comment

RampTexture is not taken into account from EnvironmentFog cause it is a 2D texture - it is required to use either 3D texture or 2D texture plugged into Projection node.
      Please view the attached example: test_Vr_envFog-01.zip

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	851269
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Ah ok, thanks for the info. It makes sense I was trying to color it based on the box UVs but since its a 3d volume it would need a 3d node.
        ------
        KC

Comment

Working...
        X