unnecessary render elements are being output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unnecessary render elements are being output

Have a maya scene with a few layers. One of these is a beauty layer and has most of the render elements that are enabled. About 10-15. There are two other layers that have things like matte passes. On the layers with the matte passes, the other render elements are unnecessary and disabled. However, VRay is saving out (though not viewable in the framebuffer) some of the other render elements for that layer, like diffuse, lighting, GI, reflect, refract, etc. These are turned *off* for that layer. But they save out anyway. Would like to know why and how to disable.
    Using Maya2013 and VRay 2.30.1

I've done a quick test with the same version of Maya and Vray but I couldn't reproduce the issue here.
    Would you please try to run the same test but on another scene in order to find out if the issue is related to the scene or not?
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

I figured it out. If you reference an animation file, the render passes get brought in as a DAG node, and even though they don't show up in your render elements options, they do show up in a batch render, even though they don't show up in a viewport render. The fix is obviously to remove the elements from the animation scene, or override their setting.

Comment

In render global, under all renderElements, enable : "Use referenced"
        You will see your render elements from references.
        www.deex.info

Comment

Working...
        X