Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

leaf and alpha not rendering on reverse side Maya 2015 beta3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaf and alpha not rendering on reverse side Maya 2015 beta3.

OK I have had this issue before but seems to be happing again and not sure why this time.
    The image shows leaf 1, and seems fine but when I turn over leaf 2 is rendered with the inside black.

The psd texture file does have an alpha and eve if i plug in a simple black and white image into the opacity slot i still get this result.

Could someone confirm this or suggest an alternative approach?

Thanks for your help

S
    Attached Files

It seems like a bug. While we're working to fix it I could suggest the following workaround, see the attached files (leaf_01.ma).
    For some reason the opacity connection doesn't render correctly, so I've created a BRDFVrayMtl, dropped in the two files and I've used the original material as a shadow override. (The brdfVrayMtl is created in create > vray > create from vray plugin > brdf).

I'll let you know when we have this fixed.

Just a quick question - last time when you had this issue - were you using psd files?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by yolov; 19-05-2014, 02:06 AM.
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Thanks Yolov thats a great help, thought i was going mad.
      Most of our scenes here are full of tress and plants, I eagerly await the fix.

Thanks
      S

Comment

Is there a nightly fix yet for this?

Thanks

Comment

Not yet. There is more pressing matter that we're attending to but we'll try and fix that as soon as possible. I'll update this thread when this is fixed.

Thank you for your understanding.
          Alex Yolov
          Product Manager
          V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
          www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
          X