Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fractal node not supported un batch render?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fractal node not supported un batch render?????

Hello....
    I'm facing some inconsistency between maya UI render and the batch mode.
    The solid fractal I've applied in a dirt node dont appear when rendering in batch mode. I have to trash several day of rendering... I'm a little bit upset.
    Is there some shading connection not supported in batch mode only that I have to be aware??
    Please help...
    xxc

I can't think of any reason why this should not work. If it doesn't then it's a bug and not something that's generally not supported. It would be very useful if you can provide a scene that reproduces the issue. Many projects have used batch rendering and fractal textures (I myself can remember a few right away) without any issues.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado...

After some test it appear to happen when batch rendering with a .command file.
      It working if I do a batch render from the maya UI.
      So it happen with the "render -r vray" command line. !?

I reproduce it on 2 machine with a simple sphere shaded by a VrayMtl, with a solid fractal in the diffuse slot. Nothing more than that.

xxc

Comment

Ok then; can you tell me which V-Ray version, which OS and which Maya version you are using so that we can try to reproduce this here?

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Well... I'm running Maya 2014 ext sp2 with vray 2.4 (last one I found on chaos portal) on MacOSX 10.9.2.
          Thanks
          xxc

Comment

Originally posted by xxc View Post
            Well... I'm running Maya 2014 ext sp2 with vray 2.4 (last one I found on chaos portal) on MacOSX 10.9.2.
            Eh, Mac... I should have known. Thanks for the pointer; looking into it.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

I can't reproduce it. Batch render from the UI is the same thing as if you've started the Render from a command line. On the other OSs there is an output log file from the rendering, but I can't find it on OSX... It's called mayaRenderLog.txt. What is your exact command line?
              V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

Ok, back on board...

Here is the command I've write in my .command file:

/Applications/Autodesk/maya2014/Maya.app/Contents/MacOS/Render -r vray -im "Render_testFractal" -proj "/Users/(path to project)/" "/Users/(path to project)/scenes/testFractal.mb"

(Just have masked the path to project part for here)

For the renderLog, I find one in ~/Library/Logs/Maya/

xxc
                Last edited by xxc; 26-05-2014, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X