Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render Region discrepancy

Hi,

I have a scene where there are some discrepancies involved when doing a render region.

Between these two renders, no setting or change has been made to the scene. However the difference is quite significant.

For lighting, the scene is using sun + sky, there are also about 20 artificial lights that are vray area lights at a sample rate of 64.
    Portal lights are used to help the sky illumination.

I'm using Medium irradiance preset (60 subdivs, 30 interp samples, enhance details on) and a light cache of 1000 (world sample 20, adaptive sampling).

Are there any more settings I can think about to improve the consistency between render regions?

[2014/Oct/23|14:03:20] V-Ray: V-Ray for Maya version 2.45.01, revision 24870 from Aug 22 2014, 08:12:05
    [2014/Oct/23|14:03:20] V-Ray: V-Ray core version is 2.55.01
    2015Ext1SP2
    Maya 2020/2022
    Win 10x64
    Vray 5

Hm, the attachments seems to be broken.

What OS are you using?
    Are you using DR?
    V-Ray developer

Comment

Sorry petrov, when I posted the attachments showed up in Chrome.

Win7 and it happened with both DR and no DR.

I think I found the solution though, after a few hours of testing it seems the culprit was an infinite plane causing GI issues. Even though it was 7cm below the floor here, V-Ray got confused. Strange reflections throughout the scene also seemed to disappear when I deleted the infinite plane.
      Maya 2020/2022
      Win 10x64
      Vray 5

Comment

Glad you've found the problem.
        V-Ray developer

Comment

Working...
        X