Error thrown when creating the V-Ray render tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error thrown when creating the V-Ray render tabs

After uninstalling the beta and installing the release (3.00.01) I am getting this error in the script output:

Code:
    updateRendererUI;
    // Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2015/vray/scripts/vrayUIUtils.mel line 171: No object matches name: vraySettings.imap_fileName2 // 
    // Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2015/vray/scripts/vrayCreateIndirectIlluminationTab.mel line 973: Object 'vrayIMimap_calcInterpSamples' not found. //
    leaving the GI tab empty. Other folks sitting next to me don't seem to have this problem, any ideas?
    Stephen Hallquist
    Rayden, Inc.
    www.rayden.tv

Hm, is V-Ray loaded correctly? Do you get any errors in the output window? If not, then it may be that some file remained from a previous installation for whatever reason. Can you try to uninstall V-Ray for Maya, delete the folder "c:\program files\autodesk\maya2015\vray" and try installing again.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

There are no errors in the output window, and upon uninstalling there is no longer a v-ray folder in the maya installation directory. I am also unable to pick up a license from the lic server even though it says there are 9 interface licenses available, and I have tried both the IP and name of that server.

But I suppose one thing at a time, any other suggestions for the first set of errors related to the UI?
      Stephen Hallquist
      Rayden, Inc.
      www.rayden.tv

Comment

Can you describe what exactly is it that you do when this error prints out?
        For instance, do you open a scene (maybe saved with the beta) or load a render settings preset (there may be some settings conflict, although I'm just guessing here)?
        Or do you just open a fresh Maya and go to the render settings?
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
        www.chaos.com

Comment

I believe we have some environment variables pointing to an older build possibly. I will try to correct these before coming back to troubleshoot but yes, opening the render globals causes the first error.
          Stephen Hallquist
          Rayden, Inc.
          www.rayden.tv

Comment

It was in fact a bad env file. However, when running a net install and all the environment vars are set correctly, Maya will load up V-Ray and I can render with it, though it throws an error when generating the render globals dialog the first time, and hard crashes Maya when opening the plugin manager.
            Stephen Hallquist
            Rayden, Inc.
            www.rayden.tv

Comment

Originally posted by stevegh View Post
              ...though it throws an error when generating the render globals dialog the first time...
              This is known problem. It happens, because you've not modified some of the MEL scripts file that ship with Maya.
              The normal installer modifies these for you when you are installing in the default location.
              To prevent the error you have to modify the scripts yourself.

Originally posted by stevegh View Post
              ... and hard crashes Maya when opening the plugin manager.
              This is not something that is expected.
              Do you have a dump file or can you post the steps (OS, env variables, paths where file are located, etc) needed to reproduce the problem?
              V-Ray developer

Comment

At the moment we are trying to get Shotgun integrated into our pipeline, and my box in particular is behaving strangely. Once I get that stuff sorted I will look into why the net install of V-Ray causes this crash (though hopefully it will fix itself).

Thanks,
                -Steve
                Stephen Hallquist
                Rayden, Inc.
                www.rayden.tv

Comment

Working...
                X