Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render error randomly occurs with fine texture in bump slot

Hi there,

I recently upgraded to VRay 3.0 and came accross a strange render error that I cannot identify and therefore I seek help.
    The attached file shows how the error to the left looks like.

Click image for larger version

Name:	leather_render_error_sprites.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	499.3 KB
ID:	880977

Here is a short description on what I did and how I thought I might get rid of the error.

I created this shader-creation scene in Maya 2012 and VRay 2.20
    Once I updated to VRay 3.0 I tried rendering from this very scene and it worked fine with other materials. As soon as I created materials with a texture piped into the bump slot I got this random render error. 7/10 renders show this error. 3/10 render fine as intended. So first thought was, old scene and new renderer - can't work!

I re-created the scene from scratch on a new system with only VRay 3.0 installed but it didn't help the issue. The goemetry was imported as OBJ. The lights, materials, inkluding all nodes created from scratch and the whole scene setup done from scratch. Only the textures and HDRIs used are the same.

Once the renderer does this error the rendertime jumps to double the time. The samplerate renderelement shows a big difference also once the render error occurs. Changing the texture file format doesn't help. It seems the problem lies somewhere within sampling but it occurs randomly. The strange thing is with VRay 2.20 this scene and with material rendered flawlessly.

Does this look familiar to anyone and if so, is there a solution at hand?
    I'd really apreciate a hint in the right direction.

Cheers
    René

Hello,

Is is possible to send us a simple scene where this is happening so we can investigate the problem?

Thank you
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

Sure I can. Where do you want me to send it to? support@chaosgroup.com ?

Comment

Yes, just add the link to this thread.
        Georgi Zhekov
        Phoenix Product Manager
        Chaos

Comment

The issue has been fixed, thank you for your feedback.
          Georgi Zhekov
          Phoenix Product Manager
          Chaos

Comment

Unfortunatelly the issue has not been fixed at my end. Would you be so kind to share the solution or the source of the problem?

Comment

It has been fixed for the next official release - I'm sorry I forgot to write it down.

Best regards,
              Georgi Zhekov
              Phoenix Product Manager
              Chaos

Comment

The fix is also in the stable 3.0 branch. You can get access to it.
                V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

Working...
                X