Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction and questions

Hi all,

I'm new to these forums so I wanted to introduce myself and ask a few questions. I've been using VrayforC4d for a few years but I'm switching back to a Maya/Vray setup. I just recently purchased my first personal Vray for Maya license and we're buying it at work as well. I'm loving it so far!

So on to a few questions:

1. On the Windows (8.1) side, the VFB history and other windows will not dock with the VFB. This works on the OSX side, so is it something planned for a future Windows release or is my installation bugging out?

2. I cannot run the "Select OpenCL Devices" application, it instantly crashes (Windows 8.1). I used the Nvidia control panel to assign all CUDA activity to my secondary GPU (GTX 680), freeing my Quadro K2200 for the viewport. However, when I run RT, my viewport/interactivity performance still takes a noticeable hit, even though HWmonitor shows the GTX 680 running 100% and the Quadro running 0-1%.

3. I know this is an annoying question, but any idea on when subdivisions will be supported in Maya Vray GPU RT?

Hi,

Originally posted by beenyweenies View Post
    1. On the Windows (8.1) side, the VFB history and other windows will not dock with the VFB. This works on the OSX side, so is it something planned for a future Windows release or is my installation bugging out?
    This should be working fine, at least it does on our end. Well, at least if you're using V-Ray 3.0. What are you Maya and VRay versions?

2. I cannot run the "Select OpenCL Devices" application, it instantly crashes (Windows 8.1). I used the Nvidia control panel to assign all CUDA activity to my secondary GPU (GTX 680), freeing my Quadro K2200 for the viewport. However, when I run RT, my viewport/interactivity performance still takes a noticeable hit, even though HWmonitor shows the GTX 680 running 100% and the Quadro running 0-1%.
    There seems to be a problem with the "Select OpenCL Devices" tool on Win 8.1, thanks for the info. We'll try and fix it and I'll let you know when we do. I'll see if I can get you some useful info about using 2 gpus on one machine, maybe the nvidia control panel doesn't quite cut it in some cases.

3. I know this is an annoying question, but any idea on when subdivisions will be supported in Maya Vray GPU RT?
    This is currently in development, but I can't say when it will be out.
    Last edited by yolov; 10-03-2015, 06:00 AM.
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Until the "Select OpenCL Devices" is fixed, you can also use an environment variable called VRAY_OPENCL_DEVICES:

http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/V...ment+Variables
      V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

Originally posted by ivaylo.ivanov View Post
        Until the "Select OpenCL Devices" is fixed, you can also use an environment variable called VRAY_OPENCL_DEVICES:

http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/V...ment+Variables
        Thanks for the info, I'll give this a try.

Comment

Hi all,
          You can use OpenSubdiv normaly
          www.deex.info

Comment

Working...
          X