VRay 3.0 Ward Shader Bug - Possibly energy conservation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay 3.0 Ward Shader Bug - Possibly energy conservation

Maya 2015 VRay 3.0. Using Ward shader in a scene lit with VRay lights and HDRI. On Ward shaders with substantial reflectivity, unlocking highlight and reflection glossiness and leaving highlight glossiness at or very close to 1.0 produces massive NaNs that contaminate entire buckets. See attached image.

adding a bumpmap seems to eliminate or reduce the issue; the Shaderball swatch seems to show the NaNs; setting highlight glossiness to less than 1.0 reduces the issue to the point of generating only "regular" NaNs; setting color mapping to "subpixel filtering" and clamping at some lower overbright value, e.g. 8, eliminates those NaNs.

Render below. Have example scene but won't let me upload.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wardbugframe_360.png
Views:	1
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	881507

Are you using the official 3.0? I think we fixed a similar issue in the stable/nightlies. The support guys can give you an access. You can upload only ziped scenes I think.
    V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

Plug-in version in the info panel is 3.00.01 .

We'd be happy to try a nightly build, but our client might be stuck on that build for duration of the project (unless upgrading is 100% a correct fix for this problem and doesn't introduce other issues and they can be given access too)

How do we get access to nightlies/stables?

Comment

Write an email to support@chaosgroup.com
        V-Ray developer

Comment

Working...
        X