Fireflies rendering artifact using VrayLightMesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireflies rendering artifact using VrayLightMesh

I'm having issues with fireflies artifact in Vray 3.0 for Maya. Light mesh is @ 160 subdivs & 200 subdivs on material. For image sampler I am using Adaptive min = 1, max = 25, and threshold @ 0.005.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong and/or how to get rid of?

Click image for larger version

Name:	vray_fireflies.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	881529

It's a bit hard to see what's going on. Can you post that part of the scene?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Did you try to set the max ray intensity to 10 or 5 ?
      www.deex.info

Comment

@ bigbossfr - I did try max ray intensity at 10 but saw no noticeable difference so I didn't bother lowering the value.

@ vlado - I eventually fixed the artifacts in post, but it would still be good to know what is causing the issue. I am sure it's user error. I will try to get that portion of the scene to you when I get a chance.

Best,
        Chewy

Comment

Now that project is over and client is happy, I decided to go back in and run some more tests to see if I can find the cause. Strangely, I am not getting the rendering artifacts anymore. At first I thought it might be a batch render bug (since tests in VFB were fine) but ran it again with no issues. Very weird.

Anyway, I will never know what caused my initial problems. Seems these kind of things always pop up in the middle of production.

Comment

Working...
          X