Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Permission Denied" on Standalone image save

Hello,
    While Standalone rendering works fine on my main machine here (VRay.exe under Maya 2015) I get an error while trying to use standalone on one of my farm machines.

(running from cmd)
    [2015/Apr/16|08:29:21] Errors:[2015/Apr/16|08:29:21] Cannot create output image file "O:/Projects/[SNIP]/TestBall_B.0001.png": Permission denied (13)

I realize this is most likely not Vray related, but instead my incompetence with OS related permissions. Does anyone have any advice here ?

possibly related notes:
    UAC = OFF
    cmd run as administrator
    vray.exe properties set to run as administrator
    logged in as administrator
    no write permission errors for any other program than Vray.ex
    the farm machines have always run fine as DR slaves

Is it possible that another program has opened the same file?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thank you for the extraordinarily fast response.

No I'm afraid, I just tried again with a fresh reboot, new cmd prompt, new .vrscene , new filename. Same message (VFB opens up then shuts down immediately, I forgot to mention)

Comment

Can you try typing the following on the same command prompt that runs vray.exe:
        Code:
        echo "Some text" > "O:/Projects/[SNIP]/TestBall_B.0001.txt"
        and use the same output path that V-Ray is trying to write to. Does that work and produce the .txt file successfully?

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Feeling thoroughly embarassed, can someone delete this thread now please ?

The write permission for the drive had been reset to "read only" (I know emphatically it was fully read/write before). Knowing that I've used it for batch processing in Photoshop to the project drive, and that it's been fine for DR slaves left me lazy and stupid. VRay was absolutely not the problem, but thank you Vlado for taking the time to help and reply.

Comment

No worries. At least now we know that V-Ray prints out the correct error message

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Working...
            X