Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image Plane

Hi!
    Vray renders the image plane for the actual camera, even if the camera isn't on the renderlayer. This is a bit annoying, because you doesn't see the imageplane in the viewport, because the cam is not on the layer, but the rendering is screwed.
    Maybe you could even implement an "ignore imageplanes" switch in the render settings?

Thanks!

VRay 30504_25656 on Maya 2015, Win.

Hm, will need to check what happens with mental ray and the software renderer. Ideally there should be no need for more checkboxes. Or if worse comes to worse, a V-Ray attribute can be added to the image plane to skip it for rendering.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks. I remember the -iip flag that ignores the imageplane. Maybe I can just pass that to the render manager by default, if vray supports it.

Comment

Originally posted by pechart View Post
        Thanks. I remember the -iip flag that ignores the imageplane. Maybe I can just pass that to the render manager by default, if vray supports it.
        I'm pretty sure I've tried this before, and it doesn't work. I would definitely add a +1 to the idea of being able to ignore image planes at render time, especially as a global option!

Comment

I've just tried using the 'Skip Rendering' attribute on my imagePlane transform and it doesn't work.

Comment

I ofthe write pre and post render mel scripts in the Render Settings:
            Pre Render Mel:
            setAttr "Camera01Plane.displayMode" 0;
            Post Render Mel:
            setAttr "Camera01Plane.displayMode" 3;

You will have to replace it with the name of your imageplanes which are likly to differ.

It is perhaps a workaround, but it saved a lot of renderings, because I tendet to forget to turn of the visiblility manualy ...
            (but make sure to remove the mel scripts, if the imageplane is deleted

Comment

Sweet, that works!

Comment

Working...
              X