Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Viewport 2.0 issues using recent Maya 2016.5 nightlies

Hello,

With the last 2 nightlies for Maya 2016.5, I have been getting some major issues with VP 2.0. Anytime I load the V-Ray renderer plugin, I get issues where none of the Right-Click UI graphic commands are being drawn in the viewport. I'm basically getting empty boxes. I have attached a few screen grabs. Note that once I unload the V-Ray plugin & restart Maya, these graphical issues disappear and VP 2.0 begins working correctly again. Very strange.

Btw, I'm using the latest Nvidia Geforce driver 361.43 with Quadro K5000 & Geforce GTX 980ti.

-Chewy

Click image for larger version

Name:	VP2_rightClick.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	342.7 KB
ID:	883327
    Last edited by ChewyPixels; 08-01-2016, 01:10 PM. Reason: Forgot to add additional info.

That is indeed very strange, since our plugin has nothing to do with this, it's entirely up to maya to draw those parts of the UI.
    Can you check what your settings are in Window > Settings & Preferences > Preferences > Display and switch to openGL + legacy profile.

In any case, what is your maya version?
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Can't reproduce here. Do you have regional settings different then english?
      V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

@Alex - I did try changing the display settings to the legacy openGL but that had no effect.

@ivaylo.ivanov - No, my regional settings are set at the default english.

I just want to make clear that this is using the latest Maya beta PR61 alongside the latest V-Ray nightly for Maya 2016.5. I was told by Vlado that I should discuss here. If not, please let me know and I will move the discussion to the AD beta forums. However, I'm assuming they will tell me to discuss this with Chaos Group.

Comment

Originally posted by ChewyPixels View Post
          I just want to make clear that this is using the latest Maya beta PR61 alongside the latest V-Ray nightly for Maya 2016.5. I was told by Vlado that I should discuss here. If not, please let me know and I will move the discussion to the AD beta forums. However, I'm assuming they will tell me to discuss this with Chaos Group.
          It's a bit tricky issue as the Maya beta releases are under NDA. The Google group for the V-Ray beta is maybe a better place for this - if you are not a member, please email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com and I'll add you there.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for the invite Vlado. Message sent.

Btw, I did bring this up on the AD beta forums and they are aware of the issue.

Comment

Working...
            X