DR hangs after render V-Ray 3.3 Maya 2016 OSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR hangs after render V-Ray 3.3 Maya 2016 OSX

I'm having an issue where a DR render of a single frame will get stuck at 100%. looking at the log, it shows that it successfully wrote the image file, and it's stuck on the last step of "Closing DR".

What could be causing this, and how could I narrow it down?

EDIT: Troubleshooting this more. It seems like it's related to my scene size. I'm working on a scene with a few referenced files between 5 and 30 mb each. The more references I load, the longer it takes the render nodes to "receive" the DR job. This makes sense, however I've worked on scenes of this size before and it's never taken this long for the nodes to receive the scene. This is taking anywhere between 3 and 30 minutes before a node even starts rendering. Can this be due to some change in V-Ray 3.3?
    Last edited by isoparmesan; 13-04-2016, 04:16 PM.

Hi,

What is the connection link speed of your network ? You can check it from >
    System Preferences > Network > Hardware > Speed field
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

My network speed is 10Gbit/s. I'm currently working around the issue by hiding the geometry in the reference files and replacing it with alembic gpu caches loaded as vray proxies. The nodes begin rendering almost instantaneously this way.

Comment

Originally posted by isoparmesan View Post
        My network speed is 10Gbit/s. I'm currently working around the issue by hiding the geometry in the reference files and replacing it with alembic gpu caches loaded as vray proxies. The nodes begin rendering almost instantaneously this way.
        The network shouldn't be a problems for that speed. Would it be possible to send some instructions on how to replicate the issue here or it would be even better if we can test your scene including all referenced files?
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I'll have to try and replicate it in a new scene on Monday. I can't upload this particular project due to NDA issues. The geometry is being generated by nPowerTranslators for Maya from imported STEP CAD geometry. However, the models are cleaned up and then made into regular polygon models. Not sure if that would have anything to do with it. The polycounts are very high. I was actually able to complete the project by using alembic GPU caches, so that workaround didn't offer too many issues other than the minor frustration of applying materials to v-ray proxies.

I did also notice a separate bug in regards to that, often when I'd select a v-ray proxy (that points to an alembic gpu cache file), the material that would be shown in the attribute editor would be incorrect. The only way I could be sure a material was applied was by selecting the vray proxy material node and mapping it in the node editor/hypershade. to see what material was connected.

Comment

It would be very difficult to resolve both of the issue you are facing without a scene or instructions how to replicate them.
            Does the DR exist if all the nPower-geometry is removed from the scene?

Regarding the proxy issue, does it display incorrect materials also with .vrmesh cache files?
            Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
            Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
            X