Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Photoshop File to Texture In V-ray

Hi guys.

I'm having a very strange problem when I try to use a VRay standard material with its various channels plugged into a PSD file. It lets me select the layers from the file, i.e. Diffuse, Reflection Color, and Normal Map. In Maya the shader preview window shows my Vray material correctly however when I render in Vray all I get is the Normal Map appearing. The odd thing is that if I disconnect this channel to troubleshoot and render again, Vray now moves up to the next layer plugged in which is Reflection Color and renders just that.

I've messed with this for about a 1/2 day now and cannot figure out what is going wrong. Vray seems to be ignoring the hierarchy and just renders the lowest channel in the chain.

Maya 2016 Ext 1 R6

Vray 3.3

Photoshop CC2015 Latest build

Can you send some example scene to support@chaosgroup.com ? We'll see what can be done to fix the problem, but keep in mind that our PSD reader was done a while ago; we didn't have access to any official PSD file format description so some of our assumptions may have been wrong.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
    X