Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In relation to the VP2 bug with instanced lights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In relation to the VP2 bug with instanced lights.

There is a current bug where you have a significant amount of instanced V-Ray lights, it will slow down VP2 quite a lot.

I've recently noticed that the same thing happens with Instanced Proxy mesh (bounding box display mode). It seems that if you have like 200 instanced bounding box proxy's in a scene VP2 will be very slow and switching to legacy viewport will be the expected speed.

You guys are usually on top of these sorts of things and I guess it is the VP2 API, but I thought I should mention this as it could be similar to the lights issue.

Thanks
    Maya 2020/2022
    Win 10x64
    Vray 5

I don't think it's the same with the lights and proxy, but then again I couldn't reproduce it on my end. Can you share a file that when instanced will produce the slowdown effect?
    The lights issue is known, but we've already done everything we could think of to speed up VP2. Maya doesn't generally allow instancing of lights, but our lights can be instanced withing Maya, which has the slowdown as a side effect. At the time, it was terribly slow, we managed to get it to very slow.
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

I have a scene prepared (171mb). Can I PM you with the link to download or would you rather I upload to the Chaos FTP?

With the scene you can see a massive difference between legacy and Viewport 2 in terms of FPS slowdown caused by proxies.
      Maya 2020/2022
      Win 10x64
      Vray 5

Comment

It's best to send a link to alexander.yolov@chaosgroup.com
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Thanks, that reproduces it, don't know what the difference is between your setup and the way we tried to replicate it, but we'll surely find out.
          This is logged as a bug in our system. I'll let you know when there's any progress on this.
          Alex Yolov
          Product Manager
          www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
          X