Can't render because of VFB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't render because of VFB

hi, im using maya 2016.5. when i press render or ipr it's opening regular maya renderview but it's not rendering anything. i want to use VFB ofc but its not opening whatever i do. i tried reset "use VFB" too and no change. i also tried first opening VFB from V-Ray shelf and pressing render button in there and again it's opening regular maya renderview and nothing happens.
    Last edited by alperenozgur; 07-06-2016, 11:17 AM.

it might be something else in 2016.5 but if you close maya, then go to C:\Users\<yourLogin>\Documents\maya\ there is a file vrayvfbuser.xml

delete it, then start maya, when vray loads in a clean scene, check use vray vfb and try render clean scene. If vfb shows up, then close maya, and reopen it, and it should be working from there on...*(this is the solution I use for maya 2015 and 2016) but I haven't tried it in 2016.5
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Originally posted by Morbid Angel View Post
      it might be something else in 2016.5 but if you close maya, then go to C:\Users\<yourLogin>\Documents\maya\ there is a file vrayvfbuser.xml

delete it, then start maya, when vray loads in a clean scene, check use vray vfb and try render clean scene. If vfb shows up, then close maya, and reopen it, and it should be working from there on...*(this is the solution I use for maya 2015 and 2016) but I haven't tried it in 2016.5
      i looked at script editor and its says something like interface license -200 etc. and i cant open the license server from chrome.. so i think i have a dongle problem right?

Comment

Do you use the dongle locally on the same machine where you're running maya? If so, you need to have the license server running too.
        If it's on another machine and you're getting the license from it in a network, you need to set your license settings.
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by yolov View Post
          Do you use the dongle locally on the same machine where you're running maya? If so, you need to have the license server running too.
          If it's on another machine and you're getting the license from it in a network, you need to set your license settings.
          it's a student license and i have the dongled plugged right now the very pc im writing this. i tried starting vray license server ( i see the icon at low left ) and tried to loging localhost:30304 again but its say cant find the page.

Comment

What does the license setup tool say?
            Are you running windows?
            Alex Yolov
            Product Manager
            www.chaos.com

Comment

What does the license setup tool say?
              Are you running windows?
              what is license setup tool? i looked at wibu control panel and its sees it i think in there like serial number and stuff.. im using windows 10

Comment

Here's how to run the licensing tool on windows: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...SettingsChange
                Make sure your "license server" field is set to 127.0.0.1, if it's not already. If you have to change it - you'll need to restatr the license server.
                Alex Yolov
                Product Manager
                www.chaos.com

Comment

Here's how to run the licensing tool on windows: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...SettingsChange
                  Make sure your "license server" field is set to 127.0.0.1, if it's not already. If you have to change it - you'll need to restatr the license server.
                  it is 127.0.0.1 but my pc's local ip is different. still leave it like that? or do i have to write username and password fields my account in here? lol im very confused..

Comment

yes, leave it like that. 127.0.0.1 is essentially the local machine (localhost). Is the port set to 30304?
                    Alex Yolov
                    Product Manager
                    www.chaos.com

Comment

yes, leave it like that. 127.0.0.1 is essentially the local machine (localhost). Is the port set to 30304?
                      yes everything is untouched. how can i understand they shipped dongle to me "prepared" or not? i bought my license yesterday it's arrived today. it's my first try. and also do i have to launch vray license server manually everytime i want to use vray in maya? or is it launches it when i press render if i dont have that access problem?

Comment

Nice to have you on board and hope to have loads of nice renders from you
                        Here's some info on how our licensing system works, how the license server is installed and how the dongle drivers are installed: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...d+Installation

Essentially, you will need to install your dongle drivers and install a license server. You can then either run the license server manually or set it to run as a windows service (this way it will automatically start each time windows starts). You can then prompt the license server status by opening a browser and typing 127.0.0.1:30304 or localhost:30304 (depengin on network proxy settings, one or both will work).

And finally - since you're running a student license, have you installed a vray_adv build or vray_edu ? "edu" is the student version.
                        Alex Yolov
                        Product Manager
                        www.chaos.com

Comment

Nice to have you on board and hope to have loads of nice renders from you
                          Here's some info on how our licensing system works, how the license server is installed and how the dongle drivers are installed: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...d+Installation

Essentially, you will need to install your dongle drivers and install a license server. You can then either run the license server manually or set it to run as a windows service (this way it will automatically start each time windows starts). You can then prompt the license server status by opening a browser and typing 127.0.0.1:30304 or localhost:30304 (depengin on network proxy settings, one or both will work).

And finally - since you're running a student license, have you installed a vray_adv build or vray_edu ? "edu" is the student version.
                          i installed what vlado sent me from the mail because i was not able to download from site and he sent me personally. its vray for maya says edu but license server setup says "vrlservice_adv_30503_x64". also i uninstalled, cleaned registry with ccleaner restarted, reinstaledd license server and restarted again. now i can get in to localhost:30304 but its still not renders and opens regular maya renderview when i press render and script editor says // Error: Could not obtain an interface license (-197)! //

also when i click get status at license server page i get this long list and i dont see my license there i think..

Stored licenses details

V-Ray for 3ds Max 1.5 licenses list GUI RENDER DR Expires
                          Dongle SN: 13237285 1 1 10 20 Dec 2015

V-Ray Render Node 3.0 licenses list RENDER Expires
                          Dongle SN: 13237285 1 20 Dec 2015

V-Ray App SDK 3.0 licenses list GUI Expires

V-Ray for Maya 3.0 licenses list GUI Expires

V-Ray for 3ds Max 3.0 licenses list GUI Expires

PDPlayer 1.0 licenses list GUI RENDER DR Expires

Phoenix 1.0 licenses list GUI RENDER DR Expires

Phoenix 2.0 licenses list GUI RENDER DR Expires

Phoenix for Maya 2.0 licenses list GUI RENDER DR Expires

V-Ray for SketchUp 2.0 licenses list GUI RENDER DR Expires

V-Ray for Maya 1.0 licenses list GUI RENDER DR Expires

V-Ray for Softimage 1.5 licenses list GUI RENDER DR Expires
                          Dongle SN: 13237285 1 1 5 20 Dec 2015

V-Ray Standalone 1.0 licenses list GUI RENDER DR Expires
                          Dongle SN: 13237285 15 15 15 20 Dec 2015

V-Ray for 3ds Max 2.0 licenses list GUI RENDER DR Expires

V-Ray for Maya 2.0 licenses list GUI RENDER DR Expires

V-Ray Standalone 2.0 licenses list GUI RENDER DR Expires
                          Dongle SN: 13237285 15 15 15 20 Dec 2015

V-Ray RT GPU licenses list GUI RENDER DR Expires

V-Ray for Rhino 1.5/2.0 licenses list GUI RENDER DR Expires

Comment

vrlservice_adv_30503_x64 is the license server. adv in its name is perfectly fine.
                            edu is what I was referring to for the actual vray installation package, since the list of the licenses in the dongle should match the vray build for it to work.
                            What seems troublesome is that your licenses have expired in Dec 2015, which might be the cause (I'm sorry but I will be able to fetch you more details about the error messages tomorrow).
                            VRay already prints messages that a license is about to expire, but I don't think we have prints about a license actually being expired, we should add that, I think it would have been helpful in this case.
                            Alex Yolov
                            Product Manager
                            www.chaos.com

Comment

vrlservice_adv_30503_x64 is the license server. adv in its name is perfectly fine.
                              edu is what I was referring to for the actual vray installation package, since the list of the licenses in the dongle should match the vray build for it to work.
                              What seems troublesome is that your licenses have expired in Dec 2015, which might be the cause (I'm sorry but I will be able to fetch you more details about the error messages tomorrow).
                              VRay already prints messages that a license is about to expire, but I don't think we have prints about a license actually being expired, we should add that, I think it would have been helpful in this case.
                              :S but i bought my license yesterday and dongle arrived just today! what should i do now? distrubuter in my country forgot to add license to dongle or what? i really didnt get what should i do from your reply. first the download issue and now this... i was very excited to use it in the morning and now i really dont have any excitement left now lol..

Comment

Working...
                              X