3.4 Everything is red in viewport 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 Everything is red in viewport 2.0

I just upgraded to 3.4. Now vrayMtl appears red in viewport 2.0 using direct X.

It's not a huge deal. I can just switch to openGL. (Can't think why I'm on directx anyway.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	vrayRed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	282.2 KB
ID:	884726

Maya 2014
    Vray 3.4
    Firepro V7900
    Nvidia Titan
    16gb

We have never supported DirectX shader representations in the viewport. Only OpenGL will work for displaying vray materials and lights.
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by yolov View Post
      We have never supported DirectX shader representations in the viewport. Only OpenGL will work for displaying vray materials and lights.
      my vray materials not showing up correctly sometimes. they appear streched at viewport but renders right. and also i never saw vray sun and sky or vray light previews, shadows on viewport and i really want to see them if it's possible like you mentioned. i am at open gl legacy profile at maya 2016.5. any special things to do to see the lights and shadows at viewport? and ofc "show shadows" are on in viewport.

Comment

We're working on better support for the viewport shared/light/shadow representations. For now I think you should enable lighting in the viewport and vray lights should work but only on vray materials.
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        www.chaos.com

Comment

We're working on better support for the viewport shared/light/shadow representations. For now I think you should enable lighting in the viewport and vray lights should work but only on vray materials.
          oh ok. so there is lights on objects but no shadows FROM objects on other objects.

Comment

no, there's no shadowing available at the moment. But we're doing some work to enable more support in the very near future. We're almost there.
            Alex Yolov
            Product Manager
            www.chaos.com

Comment

no, there's no shadowing available at the moment. But we're doing some work to enable more support in the very near future. We're almost there.
              thanks you

Comment

Working...
              X