No announcement yet.

issues with the new IPR refresh button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just tested the Build 26912. Seems when you RMB to select IPR camera to refresh the IPR, the current open Maya Render View won't resize and stay put at where it is.
    The Maya Render View only resize to set render resolution when I LMB click the "Refresh IPR" button....
    always curious...

Comment

I've logged the issue and will update the thread, if there is any progress about this.
      Ivan Shaykov
      chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        I think we do actually cache textures between renders; and if the option to cache geometry is enabled, we probably cache geometry too. This will be way more useful when we do the IPR in-process though, rather than running a separate render server.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        Hi Vlado,

I like to run IPR in a separate process in Maya 2018 x64 // V-Ray 3.6 ... however, I noticed that whenever I stop IPR and start another (am using CPU for RT as GPU has some UDIM limitations in this version of v-ray), the separate process output window shows that all UDIM textures (8 gb) are pulled from the server and loaded all over again, despite no texture or shader changes.

Is this a result of using an out-of-process RT, a result of using CPU as RT engine, or is it something that is not supported in this version of V-Ray RT?

Thanks!

Comment

The render server does not cache any data between the different DR sessions because different client machines may attach to it for rendering. We have discussed some kind of caching in case the same machine attaches to the client again and the same scene is rendered, but there is nothing implemented yet.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
          X