new linear workflow or bug (Vray3.4)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new linear workflow or bug (Vray3.4)?

So far I have been doing my linear worklow by using the linear workflow button (I know it is deprecated ), so that I only have to apply a texture input gamma of 0.45 to my linear images such as HDRs instead of gammacorrecting each and every sRGB image and colorswatch which is annoying. (other settings: 32 bit multich. exr, linear multiply, dont affect colors)

So now in 3.4 this workflow seems to be not usable anymore. My sRGB images get the wrong Gamma when using the linear workflow button, so that I have to assign a linear texture input gamma to them (Bug?). I noticed that vray now seems to do a pretty good job per default with linear workflow, so colorswatches, lights and even textures render properly without further adjustments. Is Vray now using Mayas new colormanagement feature that has been introduced with Maya 2016. In Vray 3.1 I never had luck using Maya 2016s internal colormanagement.

I would really like to know what changed, because I don't like to guess when rendering.
    Thanks

Hi,

Most probably the difference comes from the added supports by default for the File node color management functions in Maya 2016 and later. It was introduced in the builds after 3.3.

There is one post explaining which color correction modes are supported by our engine:
    http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...ht=color+space
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Oh I didn't find this thread. So I just leave my colorswatches and 8bit textures as they are by default, and just change linear images like HDRs to RAW in Mayas filenode?

Comment

Yes, that's correct.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X