vray triplanar with alembic animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray triplanar with alembic animation

Hello! I have some issues with vray triplanar texture. I have got an alembic animation (ground fracture). When I apply vray triplanar texture to my moving geometry pieces it behaves like static texture, I mean the objects are moving but triplanar texture stays like not connected to the objects.
    Here is the example:

thats the nature of a projection..
    i you have animated objects you need to bake the texture...

Comment

Yep. The alembic cache is like a giant deformation - it's doing vertex animation instead of doing individual objects with animation on their position, rotation and scale which would be fine with triplanar. One of the main reason alembic works between programs though is that it throws away all animation controllers (which can work differently between programs) and only moving the vertices.

Comment

Okay! I think I got it. Thanks for your replies. Now I am going to find out how to bake those triplanars..

Comment

joconnell: While that may be true for this case, alembic does support object transformation, as well as deformation.

Comment

Good to know, I only get the shitty export in max which doesn't allow me many options. I love these universal interchange formats which have two slightly different standards and varying degrees of support depending on which package you work in

Comment

In Maya they is an option called "Texture reference object" where you choose a frame, do your projection, and Maya/VRay will render automatically your projection with not "sliding effect" (it will always render the texture as the frame you choose).
              https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...ject--htm.html
              www.deex.info

Comment

I tried texture referenced object, but did not realize how connect it with vray triplanar texture. So, "sliding effect" was still there.

Comment

If you have sliding effect with a texture reference object + vray triplanar, this is not normal and this is a bug.
                  www.deex.info

Comment

Originally posted by image_pictures View Post
                    I tried texture referenced object, but did not realize how connect it with vray triplanar texture. So, "sliding effect" was still there.
                    Does the same setup with Maya Triplanar Projection and Maya Software Renderer gives the same sliding effect?
                    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
                    X