No image writer specified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No image writer specified

IIm new to maya and I always get errors even with a clean install on win and mac but this one is really annoying me.

// Warning: line 1: V-Ray : [SettingsEXR] No image writer specified. //
    // Warning: line 1: V-Ray : [SettingsPNG] No image writer specified. //
    // Warning: line 1: V-Ray : [SettingsJPEG] No image writer specified. //
    // Warning: line 1: V-Ray : [SettingsSGI] No image writer specified. //
    // Warning: line 1: V-Ray : [SettingsTIFF] No image writer specified. //
    // Warning: line 1: V-Ray : [SettingsTGA] No image writer specified. //

I cant save images from the vray frame buffer

Thanks
    Last edited by stevejjd; 27-11-2016, 09:01 PM.

I temporarily fixed this by unloading Arnold and Renderman from the plugin loader. but the problem came back after I open some saved files. Its now stuck this way. Im so annoied. Cant do my work as I have a major problem with 3ds max Vray and now maya Vray.

If anyone can help me? This is crippling my work.

Thanks heaps
    Last edited by stevejjd; 27-11-2016, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Hello and thanks for bringing this to our attention!

What OS, versions of Maya and V-Ray you're using? Did the issue started happening after a particular action? Can you try to reproduce the problem with a simpler scene? Can you send a problematic scene to us, so we can check what's happening?
      Yordan Miladinov V-Ray for Maya developer

Comment

Originally posted by ydm View Post
        Hello and thanks for bringing this to our attention!

What OS, versions of Maya and V-Ray you're using? Did the issue started happening after a particular action? Can you try to reproduce the problem with a simpler scene? Can you send a problematic scene to us, so we can check what's happening?
        Thanks - I'm using windows 10, Maya 2017 update 2, V-Ray 03.04.06 The problem is with any and every scene and I cant remember when and why it happened. Even if I open Maya and hit render it will say that message. Its insane. Probably not a V-Ray problem - probably a Maya problem. It was working perfectly before and not its broken.

I have no idea how to fix it - i deleted maya preferences and it still there only now I am able to save images via the frame buffer. - Does maya always have bugs and errors constantly? - Im new to maya and its never without an issue. I like maya a lot though.
        Last edited by stevejjd; 28-11-2016, 01:25 AM.

Comment

You should only get these messages during IPR renders, but not during regular renders. Is that the case? Or do they come up during Hypershade rendering?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
            You should only get these messages during IPR renders, but not during regular renders. Is that the case? Or do they come up during Hypershade rendering?

Best regards,
            Vlado
            Hi Vlado, how are thing going? well, I hope

I did test the hypershade material viewer and there are no errors at all.

You are exactly right Vlado, the error only happens when I do IPR renders. There is no problem with final renders.

Sorry I'm new to Maya, and I think seeing errors constantly is considered normal. This error is very annoying and at times prevents me from saving images from IRP renders but thank to your hint everything is okay now - ill just use final renders.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejjd View Post
              Sorry I'm new to Maya, and I think seeing errors constantly is considered normal.
              These unfortunately are normal when using IPR. Most others are not.

Originally posted by stevejjd View Post
              This error is very annoying and at times prevents me from saving images from IRP renders but thank to your hint everything is okay now - ill just use final renders.
              The errors related to IPR have nothing to do with your inability to save images from the VFB.
              It is a separate problem probably and it is something that we should fix.

Does this problem happen all the time?
              Can you describe the steps to reproduce it?
              V-Ray developer

Comment

Hi t.petrov
                Hope you are well. Thanks for your reply.

I was unable to recreate the conditions that expose that error when trying to save images from VFB.

First time I installed Maya and V-ray everything worked flawlessly and then after a few days those above mentioned errors happened and more. I have no idea why those errors happened, also because I'm new to Maya, I don't know whats considered a 'normal' experience'.

All I can remember is that the errors really started happening when I would open scenes build before I installed V-Ray and that used a different render engine and were made with an older version of Maya. Some examples of errors I can remember where, the render Settings Tab appear Blank, Sometimes the V-Ray shelf would not be there, Errors doing IPR, then not able to save from VFB + more.

I don't think I have really "fixed" anything, but some things helped me;

- I stopped the Arnold and RenderMan plugins from loading,
                - uninstalled V-Ray and deleted any remnant files then re-installed.
                - Set preferred Renderer to V-Ray,
                - Preferences > save panel layouts with file and restore saved layouts from file checked on.
                - in Files/Project preferences, I unchecked ignore version and checked can suppress errors.
                - in Save Actions preferences I checked save all preferences when Maya exists and save script editor contents.....

Things seems to work again but I have never used Maya without errors in the script editor. I think I should just ignore them instead of always trying to fix them. Anyway I hope this helps.

- Steve.

Comment

That's very informative but we need something more specific in order to reproduce the issues in here. What we need is a scene or step by step guide on how to reproduce those issues: "the render Settings Tab appear Blank, Sometimes the V-Ray shelf would not be there, Errors doing IPR, then not able to save from VFB + more"
                  The first two might be due to lack of license. If those appear again check whether you have license server running and dongle plugged in the machine. Also as t.petrov mentioned you can safely ignore those errors (// Warning: line 1: V-Ray : [SettingsEXR] No image writer specified. // ) They are not going to affect your work.
                  For this one "not able to save from VFB " it will be best if you could give us more information. Send us vray4maya_log.txt file after the issue happens. The file can be found in the widows temp folder (%temp%). Also check if it happens with a specific scene or with every scene (even simple ones). Check if you see any other errors different from the one mentioned already.
                  Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
                  Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
                  X