Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domlight not visible in VP2.0 2017U2

Hi!
    I can't see my domelight in the VP2.0 anymore. In the legacy viewport it's visible.

Maya 2017Update2
    V-Ray for Maya version 3.55.01, revision 27126 from Dec 30 2016, 06:00:05

Thanks!

There's an issue with viewport 2.0 in the nigtlies for Maya 2017, where you can move the pivot of the dome light but the locator stays at the origin. It can give the illusion as if the whole light is invisible if you've moved it around before. Can you check if that's the case on your end or it's a completely different issue.
    Miroslav Ivanov
    Chaos Cosmos

Comment

I might be wrong here, but I think he means the image piped into the domelight. Its visible in the background of the viewport in legacy, but not in VP 2.0.
      I might add that I'm having the same issue. But I know you guys dont like to keep updating shaders, etc for VP 2.0 in its everchanging development.

But it would be really nice if you some day added support for textures, bump, spec, maybe even displacement, dome light, and lighting info from vraySun, and rect lights in a similar way as the standard lights do, for viewport 2.0.
      Good viewport feedback is one of the biggest things I think we're lacking at the moment. Atleast in Maya in combination with Vray.
      VP 2.0 in itself got some good support for shading and light, but I know its a hassle as they keep changing how it works.
      CG Artist - RnD and CG Supervision at Industriromantik

Comment

You have to make sure you're using VP2.0 with the new openGL modes (core strict and core profile) - for 2017.
        Most of what Algehov said should be already supported - again fro 2016 and later and for the new openGL modes (that are *not* the openGL legacy mode for VP2.0) - we had to use these modes, since that's where Autodesk provide us with a way to draw more stuff easily in the viewport. So at the moment, we do support textures piped in most slots of most materials, including lighting and shadowing in the viewport. All of that comes with 3.40.02 and later. Bump and displacement is still not supported, though, I have to admit that. As for the domelight texture preview - there is a chance that there still are some outstanding issues with that (I remember there being lots of those while we were developing better viewport support), but I do hope we've got most of them fixed by now.

In any case, we'll have a look at what could possibly be a hickup with the dome texture in VP2.0 and we'll get back to you asap.
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Seems in the nightlies there's an issue with the dome light's texture in Viewport 2.0. We've made a note of it. Thanks for the report guys.

For anyone experiencing this - as a workaround we've found that i.e. changing the Horizontal rotation of the texture's VRayPlaceEnvTex node (and then back to the previous value) fixes the issue.
          Miroslav Ivanov
          Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Hey guys,

Тhe issue with the dome light's texture in Viewport 2.0 has been fixed in our nightly builds and for the next official release.
            Miroslav Ivanov
            Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Working...
            X