Nightly 3.57.01 TO 3.40.06 - Motion Blur Artifacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightly 3.57.01 TO 3.40.06 - Motion Blur Artifacts

I setup a scene using Nightly 3.57.01. The scene was then archived and rendered on another machine running Vray 3.40.06.

The animation of all objects (except for camera) are baked into the objects. However I'm getting very odd motion blur "pulse" artifacts in one of my test renders (video link to test render)-

I do not know if this is a bug with one of the two versions of Vray OR if this is a product of not being backwards compatible between builds OR if I'm just a chuckle-head and doing something wrong. Please email me directly if you are interested in getting the base Maya file.

Many thanks.

User error. There were some oddities in my animation curves. Seems to be working now. Sorry guys. :/

Comment

Well, glad to know that it's working out

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        Well, glad to know that it's working out

Best regards,
        Vlado
        So it happened again and I JUST got my head out of my ass and figured out what I was doing wrong.

The way I was repeating the rot cycle is shown below -

Click image for larger version

Name:	vlado_01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	866915

No shiz this will cause motion blur issues as the cycle spikes to repeat. So the crazy blur was happening because V Ray was sampling the slop for the motion blur (rightfully so).

What I wanted to do was cycle the rotation like this-

Click image for larger version

Name:	vlado_02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	866916

Makes total sense now and sort of surprised I didn't see that before. Thanks Vlado.

Comment

Working...
        X