Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maya Viewport Light Feedback

Hi Chaos-Group Team,

I have a little question regarding the Light-Feedback in Maya's Viewport 2.0 for Vray-Lights.

I attached a picture with a standard Maya light on the left, which shows up in the Viewport. On the right side there is a default Vray-Rect-Light which doesn't contribute to the viewport light feedback at all.

I'm using Maya 2017 Update 2 on CentOs 7.

Viewport 2.0 with OpenGL- Core Profile (Compatibility)

Gtx 1070 Graphics Card

Did I miss something, is this just not implemented or do I have to ask the Autodesk support ?

Kind regards
    pirmin
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2017-02-24 11-53-14.png
Views:	1
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	887033

We are aware of that and we've made improvements. With the next official release the V-Ray lights will illuminate Viewport 2.0.
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi Alex, I'm on 35,52.01 march 27 2017 release and I can't see any light feedback in viewport 2.0 OpenGL Core profile compatibility ( the light icon shows normally) , neither Vray rect light nor Sphere light show up at all, I thought this feature was finally working...but not on my machine Wind7 Dual Titan Z.
      I've already cranked up the light intensity and tried the Legacy viewport but no illumination is showing up.

UPDATE....just installed the latest build 3.57.01, revision 27362 from Apr 21 2017 and still not showing...Video card is up to date.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by damaggio; 21-04-2017, 11:55 AM. Reason: New Vray install
      https://www.artstation.com/damaggio

Comment

The feature is there, but for Maya 2016 and 2016.5 - unfortunately we had to disable it for Maya 2017 specifically because of some issues in Maya 2017 itself causing some unexpected problems with our lights in the viewport. As far as I know, the issue should be resolved by Autodesk for the next Maya versions.
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Okay that's good to know Alex...will wait to 2018 release.
          Thank you.
          https://www.artstation.com/damaggio

Comment

Working...
          X