Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[V-Ray 3.52.01] Watermark appears sometimes when batch rendering with Backburner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [V-Ray 3.52.01] Watermark appears sometimes when batch rendering with Backburner

In batch rendering with Backburner at VRay 3.52, there are cases where a watermark appears.

I think that it is the effect that demo was integrated from 3.50.

If I can not get a license, can I force it to return a license error instead of rendering in the demo mode(WaterMark)?

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
    oakcorp.net
    v-ray.jp

That doesn't sound right. We'll look into this and get back to you.
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

What OS do you use? We can't seem to reproduce this here on our end, but we'll give a few more tries.
      Alex Yolov
      Product Manager
      www.chaos.com

Comment

Ok. Let's check the detail.
        I will report the procedure if it can be reproduced.

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
        oakcorp.net
        v-ray.jp

Comment

Hi Alex,

we have the same problem here using batch rendering with Maya 2017 Update 3 and VRay 3.5201 under Windows 7.

Rendering directly on the machine with the license server seems to work fine, but on the render nodes only the first two images are fine, then the watermarks appears. Network connection is fine.

A friend of us have the same problem on OS X, same Maya and Ray version.

Really bad as we can't render on any render node anymore.

Thanks for help,
          Lars

Comment

Which version of the license server are you using?

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

localhost:30304 says 3.0

Any other way to check the version number?

Comment

That's enough. Would it be possible to install the latest 4.x version from our website and see if it helps?

https://download.chaosgroup.com/?product=48

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Hi Vlado,

just used the vrservices_installer (4.3.1) that came with the 3.5201 release and installed the online license service. But the same result: Batch rendering on the license server works fine, on the render nodes the first image is fine, then the watermark appears again.

Best regards,
                  Lars

Comment

Do you have the same problem if you do a render from the Maya GUI? Or is it just in batch mode?
                    It would be probably best to try and debug remotely in your environment, it would be the quickest way to get to the bottom of this.
                    Please drop a line to support@chaosgroup.com and we'll arrange that. I know we tried to replicate this here with no luck, but we have to figure out what's wrong so we can fix it.
                    Alex Yolov
                    Product Manager
                    www.chaos.com

Comment

DR batch rendering within Maya works fine. Batch rendering on the render nodes doesn't work.

Okay, thanks for your offer. I'm leaving the office for today now. Guess support will not work tomorrow, so we have to wait till next Tuesday.

Perhaps we will down grade tomorrow to the latest stable nightly (3.5201 from 2017/03/16), because we had no problems with this version. That way we can perhaps render over Eastern.

Thanks for your support.

Best regards,
                      Lars

Comment

The latest stable nightly build is from 13 April, but yes it might be best to try that.

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

Some more input:

Installing the latest nightly 3.5202 didn't helped, but after going back to 3.4006 the problem went away. So something must have changed from 3.4 to 3.5.

Best regards,
                          Lars

Comment

That might help us pinpoint the problem, thanks for the info. Would it be OK if we contacted you personally so you could provide us with more details on how to replicate the setup and try to debug this? You can email me at alexander.yolov@chaosgroup.com - it would be greatly appreciated.
                            Alex Yolov
                            Product Manager
                            www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi Alex,

yes, of course. If we can help you with narrow this down, we will help you for sure.

Writing you a PM.

Lars

Comment

Working...
                              X