Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 3.5 dongle

Hi,

So i have set up online licensing, which when accessing the localhost page shows both online and my dongle are enabled. However if i turn off the internet, the license is no longer being found from the dongle?

Do i need to upgrade the dongle?

Also 'http://localhost:30304/getstatus' as directed by the help file doesnt work anymore, i just get the error "Cannot GET /getstatus"

Thanks
    e: info@adriandenne.com
    w: www.adriandenne.com

Can you explain in a little more detail how do you turn off the internet?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

sorry yeah, i have zonealarm so i use 'stop all internet' option. Also disabling network card.

Comment

Could you post a screenshot of "Cannot GET /getstatus"? I suspect zonealarm might be blocking local addresses as well.
        V-Ray for Maya dev team lead

Comment

Hi im not sure if this is what you wanted. (image attached)

Eitherway this screenshot is with zonealarm turned off. And i didn't have any issue pre online licenses.

Just to clarify, if i disable my network card (to stop internet) my dongle license isnt being picked up and i get the error.

// Error: Could not obtain an interface license (-200)! //

but when online it works.
          Attached Files

Comment

Could you please download and install the latest V-Ray license server from the following link:
            https://download.chaosgroup.com/?product=48

Please make sure when installing to right click the file and select "Run As Administrator".

After the installation, a browser page will open landing on the V-Ray license server home page located at http://localhost:30304. Click on "Enable online licensing" and then log in with your chaosgroup.com username and password.

http://localhost:30304/getstatus page is not available in the V-Ray online license server, so for checking status you just need to visit http://localhost:30304.
            Nikolay Kirov

Technical Support Representative
            support@chaosgroup.com

Chaos Group

Comment

Hi, seems like we are going around in circles a bit here. If you look at the original question, the online bit isnt the issue, its when I'm not connected to the internet that its not finding my dongle, so working offline isnt an option. I've installed the latest version etc.

The dongle worked fine with all my firewalls etc pre online licensing i was originally wondering if i needed to upgrade the dongle at all?

Comment

Judging by the posts so far, and correct me if I'm wrong, you're using the newer versions of the license server (4.x). Those versions don't have a /getstatus like the old versions (3.x) - typing in localhost:30304 is enough to open the license server page.
                As for the dongle and offline - it should very well work, if it's not - then it's either because of incorrect settings, or a bug.
                Could you open up localhost:30304 and confirm what's the version that you're using - it will be written in the upper left corner (chaosgroup license server|4.3.1 for example). Then you'll see the three options to use online/offline/dongle licenses - check if "dongle" is enabled. If not - enable it. See if you'll find any of the following helpful - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...line+Licensing
                Alex Yolov
                Product Manager
                V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
                www.chaos.com

Comment

i've attached a screenshot. Im using 4.3.1 , I originally looked at your documentation which mentioned the getstatus thing, but I understand that wont work now, not really the issue in the first place.

Anyway the webpage says the dongle says its fine, but as I said before, if i disable the internet (via network card) then it wont find a license from my dongle...which is presumably what it should do.

Its not a big problem but my internet connection went down a while ago and I noticed the issue, so I originally thought it was worth asking a question about if i needed to do something with the dongle, like upgrade.

thanks though.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by francomanko; 14-04-2017, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Yes, it should work that way. I'll have to check what might have got wrong, but accept my apologies in advance, since I'll be unable to do so until next week.
                    Alex Yolov
                    Product Manager
                    www.chaos.com

Comment

In the meantime, here's a few things you could try:
                      1. try deactivating online licensing, so that only "dongle" stays active - see if you can get a license (without disabling your internet connection)
                      2. if you can't get a license - try localhost:30314/getstatus - see if everything is in order with your dongle
                      Alex Yolov
                      Product Manager
                      www.chaos.com

Comment

ah ok i get you..that all worked, I think i get whats going on now, thanks for your help and sorry if I wasted your time.

much appreciated.

Comment

Would you share what the problem was?
                          Alex Yolov
                          Product Manager
                          www.chaos.com

Comment

sorry yeah, well i guess it was me disabling the network card, or if zonealarm does that when i use the 'disable internet' option...so i guess, even though the dongle isnt connected to the network card, its looking for the network address presumably..hence when the network card is disabled it cant find that.

I'm guessing thats what it is, but clearly im not a hardware expert

Comment

It's supposed to work with no internet connection when the dongle is plugged in.
                              So does it work when you disable online licensing and only leave "dongle" enabled, but without disabling the internet connection?
                              Alex Yolov
                              Product Manager
                              www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                              X