Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Fur Renders Black IPR

Hey,

I am having a strange problem where vray fur renders black when using ipr in viewport and in the frame buffer. The one photo where it works is just the normal render. Is this supposed to happen?

Thanks,
    EJR

Click image for larger version

Name:	framebufferipr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	887573Click image for larger version

Name:	ipr.jpg
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	887574Click image for larger version

Name:	render.jpg
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	887575

Can you tell me which V-Ray version this is?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

No, that's definitely not supposed to happen. Apart from what Vlado asked, can you tell me what material you're using and what your render settings are? It would be most helpful if you could upload a Maya scene, too.
      V-Ray for Maya developer

Comment

Hi,

I figured out exactly what triggers this problem. My ground plane from which I am generating the grass has primary visibility turned off in the render stats. For some reason that causes the fur to render black in ipr and live rendering in the framebuffer, although it works in with a normal render. If I turn on primary visibility the color comes back. The fix for me is to just hide the ground plane or turn off visibility in object display. I hope this information is helpful.

edit: I am using version 3.52.01

Thanks,

EJR
        Last edited by ejr32123; 25-04-2017, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. That's partially concerning, since if the fur inherits the material from the object it comes out from (unless a separate material is assigned to the fur). And when the parent object's primary visibility is off, it should still render with the color it inherits. Would it be possible to share the scene, so we could have a look, please?
          Alex Yolov
          Product Manager
          V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
          www.chaos.com

Comment

Hey,

Here is link to a scene with the problem. The fur renders black even if it has been assigned its own shader that is different from the original mesh.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...050Q1FLRU5tUnc

Thanks

Comment

Can you confirm for me what Maya and V-Ray versions you're using? The file was saved with 2017 and V-Ray 3.52.02 EDU, is that correct? Could you tell me if you have installed any updates to Maya 2017?
              We can't reproduce this here, it always renders correctly. Could you export a vrscene from Maya, that might help us. https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...tab-Translator
              Alex Yolov
              Product Manager
              www.chaos.com

Comment

Sorry,

Our computers were upgraded to 3.52.02 between the time I started this thread and attached the scene, but the problem happens in either version. We had to roll back to 3.52.01 unfortunately, so this vrscene I am attaching here is from version 3.52.01. We have Maya 2017 with update 3. When I import this .vrscene into maya, the fur renders black on my end in ipr and interactive rendering in frame buffer. Normal render works fine.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...jFnX0RYc0FkXzg

Comment

Was the original image in your first post from a normal render or from a vrscene imported into maya?
                  Btw, what's the reason for rolling back to 3.52.01? If it's issues you're having, we'll be more than happy to know about them so we can fix them.
                  Alex Yolov
                  Product Manager
                  www.chaos.com

Comment

I just tried the vrscene - works fine, which leaves me a bit stuck in this.
                    Alex Yolov
                    Product Manager
                    www.chaos.com

Comment

The original image was a normal render. The reason to rolling back was an issue with our render farm. We figured out what the problem was. Not sure why this isn't rendering​ correctly for me. I am using CPU for ipr engine.

Comment

I think I finally got it. I'll let the developers know, thanks for all the assistance and sorry for the inconvenience. There seems to be a bug there.
                        Alex Yolov
                        Product Manager
                        www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                        X