X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• batch render preRender crash

Hi,

I wrote in to submit a ticket #393905.

What was happening is that I use my own script to generate a bat file so I can do batch renders.

When my script generates this line:
    "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2017\bin\Render.exe" -r vray -preRender "MEL commands here" "K:/maya/projects/16_35_clcbel/scenes/ffs.ma";

V-Ray 3.5 will crash.

When I remove the -preRender flag, V-Ray doesn't crash.

The preRender flag can be empty -preRender "" and it will still crash with exit code 201. Can anyone confirm if this is an issue?
    Maya 2020/2022
    Win 10x64
    Vray 5

Thanks for the ticket number.
    I can see that you already found and error in the MEL command which is causing the issue, then do you still need our assistance?
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Thanks Svetlozar.

Yes, it might need investigating because this crashes Maya with exit code 210 (when running a mayaBatach.bat) file in Windows:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2017\bin\Render.exe" -r vray -preRender "" -threads 0 -x 3000 -y 1687 -log "//server/folder/maya/mayaRenderLog.txt" -proj "K:/maya/projects/16_35_clcbel/" "K:/maya/projects/16_35_clcbel/scenes/clcbel_interior_v01.0001.ma"

This renders just fine:
      "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2017\bin\Render.exe" -r vray -threads 0 -x 3000 -y 1687 -log "//server/folder/maya/mayaRenderLog.txt" -proj "K:/maya/projects/16_35_clcbel/" "K:/maya/projects/16_35_clcbel/scenes/clcbel_interior_v01.0001.ma"

The crash happens on any scene, even a default one with a lambert1 cube.

The only difference is if the -preRender flag exists, Maya crashes. the preRender flag can have anything it wants in the quotes, even blank like my example above. I tried it with vanilla maya prefs too and found the same thing. Just wondering if it can be replicated outside my environment?
      Maya 2020/2022
      Win 10x64
      Vray 5

Comment

It works fine here, here is a screenshot from the CMD:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	explorer_2017-05-02_10-35-49.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	203.2 KB
ID:	867610
        And here is the log file: http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...aRenderLog.txt

This is with V-Ray 3.50.02 and Maya 2017 no SP. I'll try to update Maya to SP3 and will repeat the same test and will let you know if there is any difference.

Comment

OK, with SP3 it crashed with error // Maya exited with status 210.
          Here is the complete log file, we'll investigate what's going on here.
          http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...derLog_001.txt

Comment

OK, this actually looks like Maya issue since the same thing happens with Maya Software renderer.
            Would you please test into your environment whether it works fine it other render engines?

Comment

Thanks for confirming.

This is so autodesk.

I exclusively use V-Ray so I can't test any other renders.

I've logged a bug with them. Could Chaos Group do the same? I think you guys would have a bit more weight with logging bugs than me. Hopefully can get fixed for 2018. Thanks!
              Maya 2020/2022
              Win 10x64
              Vray 5

Comment

Working...
              X