Only trouble using Vray GPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only trouble using Vray GPU

I have been testing Vray GPU the last couple of days with Maya 2017 and Vray 3.5 and so far I am not convinced. I have trouble with pretty much everything I tested so far (displacement, environment fog, matte object properties...).
    I reported everything to the support, but maybe I am just doing it wrong? Still it is vray, right? I know a lot of people say that Vray GPU is a totally different render engine compared to CPU, but still the parameters should do similar things right.

I am on a setup with a Geforce 1080 and a Quadro k620 for viewport.

Here is a vid of me using environment fog. On the GPU the fog effect just suddenly disappears.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxFNEmMFcTk

Click image for larger version

Name:	1_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	387.3 KB
ID:	887790

Name:	2_2.jpg
Size:	463.2 KB
ID:	887791

Name:	3.JPG
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	887792

Name:	3_2.JPG
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	887793

Name:	3_3.JPG
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	887794

Results might be close, but dont expect 1:1 match. Matte objects and displacement are known to work a bit differently.
    It will be best to send scene to blagovest.taskov@chaosgroup.com and ivan.shaykov@chaosgroup.com just so we can check if it is a bug.
    Please add link to this thread in the mail.

Fog is not supported in the official 3.5 btw https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...orted+Features. It is supported in the nightlies though.

Best,
    Blago.
    V-Ray fan.
    Looking busy around GPUs ...
    RTX ON

Comment

I already sent it to the support, but I added this link to the ticket now. I can absolutely live with slight differences, but how am I supposed to comp with this 'blueish', almost solid matte? Also I could probably live with the lowres look of the GPU displacement, but those holes and artifacts in the mesh?

Comment

Thanks for the scene.
        We will check and get back.

Best,
        Blago.
        V-Ray fan.
        Looking busy around GPUs ...
        RTX ON

Comment

Working...
        X