Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT light caches calculation taking ages and crashing maya

hi there!

I am in need of urgent help as my final year project deadline draws closer!

I'm currently having some strange rendering issues, primarily the light caching which is just taking forever and which then freezes my computer and eventually crashes maya.

I have been searching online for solutions and have:
    - optimising the scene by reducing the polycounts
    (It's quite a heavy scene, however it doesn't seem to be the issue from the troubleshooting I've been doing (check image))

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-05-19_02h54_12.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	887801

- disabled Subdivisions and Displacement box in render settings (I have multiple displacements, however, doesn't seem to make a difference, maybe it did but there seems to be something else that is impacting more strongly)

Name:	2017-05-19_03h05_12.jpg
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	887802

- The render settings are low quality level (for doing test renders, but doesn't seem to help)

- Finally, changing the materials -that could be causing the issue- to a raw Lambert material (Now this has narrowed down where the issue could be, if you look at the render time in the history tab it shows drastic improvements but I can't figure out what the issue could be...)

Name:	2017-05-19_02h53_25.jpg
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	887803Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-05-19_02h53_31.jpg
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	887804

Each asset has a vraymtl which has a (mostly 4K) diff/refl/rgloss/bmp (/and some disp) -map attached (tiff format)

Name:	2017-05-19_03h06_54.jpg
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	887805

v-ray version: 3.5 (latest) / Maya 2016
    specs: i7 5820K, 16GB Ram, GTX 980, Win10

I've been stuck on this issue for nearly a day now can't seem to pinpoint the issue.. so some help would be really appreciated into finding the possible issue

Could you write us at support@chaosgroup.com and send us a test scene with the setup when the Maya freezes. Also, please refer this forum tread to the mail.
    Nikolay Kusht | chaos.com
    Team Lead, 3D Support | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by nikolay.kusht View Post
      Could you write us at support@chaosgroup.com and send us a test scene with the setup when the Maya freezes. Also, please refer this forum tread to the mail.
      I've sent the email

Comment

I've been doing some troubleshooting of my own and also trying different methods to optimise the rendering ; I've set up some proxies for the High-poly meshes and also recently tried baking the Irradiance map and Light cache pre-final-render to see if that method could work.

However it still seems to not do much in stopping the render from crashing. Additionally, I got this 'memory allocation error when rendering with pre-baked GI Maps. Could this possibly be tied to the main issue I'm having?

Attached Files

Comment

We are having issues dowloading your scene and I have send you an email with more details.
          Nikolay Kusht | chaos.com
          Team Lead, 3D Support | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X